When boredom strikes....

Im sure every expats feels the same here. Any opinion, sports or any other alternatives to here here in Riyadh just to get over boredom.

As a start there is a bowling event this weekend at Intercontinental.

Im not really ggod in bowling. But interested to learn. How much is the fee?

Well it will be a good place to meet a lot of other expats.

It is 25 per game and if you take 2 games, the third one is free.

Is it a Friday or Saturday??? One of my other concern is, is that event a mix of man and woman??? I totally dont have any issue with that since I came from a free country, but Im referring about the safety if its mix.

hmmmm..what a  tough question?!
:D

Oh goshhh boredom is killing me here :(

there are few events at

American Embassy : 25th October
Irish Embassy : 4th October ( may be full by now)
British Embassy: 7th November

its sort of gala dinner and get to gether ......

Hi Time.Chime,

I would love those events you mentioned below. But the issue is I dont have sponsor.

Its all about making connections ....

@time.chime Is it for couples? Singles allowed?

This is my life since 8 months.
WorkDays = Work, Movies and Chatting
Weekends = Movies, Chatting and Basketball on thursday night
Football on friday night.
So boring life....

goddess_annie86 wrote:

Hi Time.Chime,

I would love those events you mentioned below. But the issue is I dont have sponsor.

You don't need a sponsor for those events--just be prepared to pay big ticket prices.

AllieCat ! i am not sure what she mean by sponsor... do you mean u dont have your IQAMA?

I guess you need an identity proof to enter.

ya tickets are 400-450 SR. (bit expensive)

time.chime wrote:

AllieCat ! i am not sure what she mean by sponsor... do you mean u dont have your IQAMA?

I guess you need an identity proof to enter.

ya tickets are 400-450 SR. (bit expensive)

I think she meant a 'connection,' somebody to get her name on a list.  But for an event like this,  having ID and the money is enough lol

You are right AlieCat....
i was planning to go to the US Embassy event but i guess i wont be back in Saudi by that time. that one is end of october.

@Alliecat and Time.Chime, May be she need someone to sponsor her for those events. I guess so.
@annie, why dont you clarify things clearly, ppl guessing a lot hehehe

suribhai wrote:

@Alliecat and Time.Chime, May be she need someone to sponsor her for those events. I guess so.
@annie, why dont you clarify things clearly, ppl guessing a lot hehehe

@suribhai, what do you mean by 'sponsor'?  If you mean somebody to get her on a list, I already replied to that:  for these functions, all you need is MONEY (and as time.chime added, adequate ID) to get in.  Got it?

It is organized by usera???

the event on 25th Oct.. is by USERA, and you can get the tickets from USERA gift shop at US Embassy. you need to provide clear copy of passport, the ticket cost Sr. 300-350.
the Annual Gala dinner at British Embassy residence garden is on 7th Nov. The ticket will be sold after 5th October till November 2nd. for the tickets you need to check the women skill bureau. I forgot the ticket outlet details. :) I guess it is at Kingdom coffee morning. Ticket cost is Sr. 400

Cheerz

time.chime wrote:

I guess it is at Kingdom coffee morning. Ticket cost is Sr. 400

And also at the Good Ship Lollipop.

Thanks AllieCat :)

I find this cat ( I mean the profile picture) the most active member... I will call you GOOGLE,  because you have answers for almost everything and thats so helpful...

thanks once again...

Regards

Hi everyone.... Sorry for the 48 years reply. Yeah Alli is right. Im referring some connection inside the embassy to put my name in the guest list down. Thats the usual thing we did those times that we went there for steak night. But now I dont know anyone in there since my friend left for good. And haven't tried any big paid gathering like that so not really sure with the procedure

@Alliecat, hehe i mean sometimes people look for sponsors who can pay for their entry. I guess you got me wrong. Anyways problem is solved, she explaind what she meant by Sponsor. Have a good day.

suribhai wrote:

@Alliecat, hehe i mean sometimes people look for sponsors who can pay for their entry. I guess you got me wrong. Anyways problem is solved, she explaind what she meant by Sponsor. Have a good day.

AHA!  So you thought she was looking for a 'sugar daddy'!! :lol:

SUGAR DADDY? Sorry wemight have some language barrier here. I explained above what i exactly meant of a "SPONSOR" so bad But it seems Im completely misunderstood.

goddess_annie86 wrote:

SUGAR DADDY? Sorry wemight have some language barrier here. I explained above what i exactly meant of a "SPONSOR" so bad But it seems Im completely misunderstood.

I got it to begin with :)  Not to worry!!

Ahhh alliecat, no i mean a bf can also be a sponsor for gf, i dint mean sugar daddy. Guess you are trying to create a war hahaha carry on madam....

Apologies Ms.Annie.

suribhai wrote:

Ahhh alliecat, no i mean a bf can also be a sponsor for gf, i dint mean sugar daddy. Guess you are trying to create a war hahaha carry on madam....

Apologies Ms.Annie.

I understand, but one usually doesn't advertise on a blog for a BF to 'sponsor' one's self!

No war.  I knew what she meant all along--*you're* the one who didn't get it! :D

Good morning Ms Alliecat, Yeah, small brain need training hehe

suribhai wrote:

Good morning Ms Alliecat, Yeah, small brain need training hehe

Stick around--we'll train it! :top:

Teacher Alliecat, but student cannot pay fees, i need sponsor tooo hehehe

suribhai wrote:

Teacher Alliecat, but student cannot pay fees, i need sponsor tooo hehehe

*I* will be your 'sponsor'--the kind who puts you on the LIST! lol

http://gal.patheticcockroach.com/var/resizes/humor/thread-hijacking/thread_hijack_sorry_cat.jpg?m=1380634423

AlieCat ! Please put this event orphan on the list too .. lol