Purchase of furniture

We have a house in Veliko Tarnovo.  We bought it 3 years ago and it is totally renovated and very big.  We have decided to use it as a holiday home but need to buy some new, even second hand furniture.  Any suggestions?

We have plenty of furniture here but getting it to Bulgaria seems a very costly option unless you can give us some useful information.  Perhaps there is someone who travels to Bulgaria by road on a regular basis and would take small things for us at a resonable price.  We met someone on our travels who used to buy cars in the UK, convert them to gas and sell them in Bulgaria.  That would have been a perfect solotion but we were not thinking of using it then! 

Our neighbours are great but we do not speak Bulgarian so it is unlikely that they will be able to help us.  We were hoping that the new Ikea store would be open by now but we see it has been put on hold again until 2013.

hi i have a house in the village of djinot we have a large town called yambol and they sell everything you need,we got all our fire fueled range cookers for 70levs!
we also found a good carboot on the road to stralga that sells everything we got our furnature from there and its very cheap and traditional.

Many thanks for your email.  I was very pleased to hear that it was possible to get furniture for a reasonable price.  Is it a new furniture store in Yambol?  Any idea what they charge for a double bed or lounge furniture- e.g. sofas. We had a whole barn converted into a giant main living area with bedrooms in the ajoining house and of corse it has another sub sunken totally renovated floor as well so we need plenty to fill it!

Yambol is quite a long way but it sounds as if it might be well worth a visit and a big shop.  Veliko Tarnova has furniture stores but they are very costly.... no doubt due to its tourism.  It has a Praktica etc. but again not cheap.  I am sure the locals must have other sources but knowing where to find them is another matter so your input was much appreciated. 

Many thanks again

Janet

Hi Janet
We travel by car and van across to VT every summer, as we have a house in Kutsina.  We can always fit some extra things in for people, and then decide which vehicle to bring!  My husband works in transort, so we know what we are doing, and don't charge the earth for this service!  If you are interested, and have things you need bringing across from the UK, please let us know, or if you want anything flat packed brnging across, we can price for that also.  kind regards. Denise

Hi
We are going to be in the UK on the week 21st to the 30th of June 2010 and back to Bulgaria
If there are things people need to bring back please write to us and our charge is 50p per kilo or for space no more then 30 x 30 x 30 cm(H) charges are based on which ever is higher volume or kilo.
If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to ask
All the best
Sokoni

[Moderated - No free ads]