Offer letter vs Contract

Hi Guys!

I'm Elle from the Ph.

A company in Bahrain offered me a job, but they only gave me an offer letter. Im asking for a contract, but they said that the contract will be available only after 4 months probationary period.

Is this normal? Appreciate your advice.

Thanks in advance.

This is not normal and I would avoid this if I were you. The probation period (4 months) is quite unusual as well but not a big issue. If you are in a position to negotiate, I highly recommend you to see a copy of your contract, even if you don't have to sign it right now (but it's better if you can).

Hi brightonguy,

Thank you for quick response.

In the offer letter, there's basic information (accomodation, transpo, salary, tickets, terms) indicated.

Also they gave me "terms and condition."

Will this suffice?

Well it technically should. Can you get a confirmation from your employer when will you get your CPR once you move in? Will it be after completing your probation period or before (should be before - you should be able to get it within a month or so). CPR (Central Population Registration) Card enables you to open a bank account, start a mobile contract etc. Without it, you don't legally exist in the country, pretty much :)

Thanks for this information, I will definitely ask this.

Aside from this, according to them, they will take care of the work permit..

Great. Good luck!

means?? ok?

Now I'm confused :(

Meaning if you are having a work permit, then the CPR will follow (it's just a procedure). But without a work permit, then you'll be an illegal immigrant / worker here - which is not recommended for obvious reasons.

Merci. :)