LMRA Guidelines for the Expat Employees

Hi Everyone, I have been repeatedly asked questions regarding a lot of employment related issues on my website, email and personal inbox due to which I thought to write a post about the basic rights and duties which must be remembered by all the expat employees in the Kingdom of Bahrain.

Even yesterday, I read all these rules for one of the cleaning company employee who is being harassed by her employer because she wants to switch to another employer. I hope by remembering these rights and duties, a lot of you and your friends would be saved from unnecessary troubles.

Please note as an expat employee in the Kingdom of Bahrain, you must always remember the following:

1. Never work without a work permit in Bahrain

2. You have to provide LMRA with the digital finger prints, photo and signature when entering the kingdom for the first time, or within a period not exceeding one month from the date of entry.

3. Don't be absent from work for more than 15 days without the employer's notice or permission. The employer can declare you run away in such case.

4. You are supposed to work only with your employer.

5. Work at your employer premises only. If you are caught working at some other place you can be in trouble.

6. Do not engage in any part time or extra work during holidays and non-working hours except with your designated employer.

7. You can change your employer after a minimum period of one year if your employer is not willing to let you go. He may let you go early also but this information is for those who want to change the employer but the employer is not willing.

8. You have the right to file an appeal or grievance against any decision taken by LMRA against you.

9. When your work visa is terminated, expired or cancelled then you have a 30 days time to find a new employer and transfer the visa.

10. Keep checking your work visa permit regularly at https://services.lmra.bh/expatportal/login.php.

11. Do not give your passport to your employer. If he insists on keeping it then ask him to give an acknowledgement in writing that he is keeping your passport.

12. Any violation of your employment rights must be reported to your embassy, Labor Ministry and/or police.

13. You must get the salary on time. If you are not getting paid on time then report it to Labor Ministry.

14. You dont have to pay anyone for the visa cost or CPR cost.

15. Follow the rules and regulations in the Kingdom of Bahrain to stay out of trouble.

Hope you will remember these points.

Thank you Mr. Khalid for the detailed info, i am sure this will help a lot of people who come in here.

T&R

Thanks for the appreciation and please spread the message.

Hi Sir,

I have resigned from my company before my contract is over, I have 1 year contract but I resigned in 8 months.
Now company told me to pay recuriment consultancy agency fee and hotel expenses,  is it legal? If I put case against in MOH ,how much possibility to win? Please answer asap.

This has been answered multiple times. Even in this same thread.

Don't pay and file case in MOL.  You will win.

Thank you sir

What about indeminity and balance leave salary

As I said, file a case.  Then hope for positive outcome.

And you have asked the same question many times on another thread i.e. about recruitment expenses and I answered many times in a lot of details.  Why do you keep asking?   instead, you have the answer, go to MOL and file a case.  You are losing time by repeating this question again and again.   Or if you want to be really sure, go to a lawyer, pay him and get an outcome.

My last date was  Aptil 1st .and I told my company to book my ticket to my home country ,  due to lockdown in my home country ,  I can  travel on 15th March, in this case should company bear my expenses till my exit from Bahrain? Is there any kind of law ,if so please share me the link?

If they have given you a return ticket and paid your end of service but you don't or cannot leave; they don't have to pay any further expenses for you.

There is no law concerning this.  All they are required to do by law is to give you an end of service settlement and cancel or transfer your visa.  Even the ticket they are not obligated to give.

Thank you

Thank you,  sir.
My own problem is that I came with a 12months  visa to look for a job here, recently my sponsor is asking me to try and transfer my visa or start paying 30BHD as LMRA fee every month. I tokd him i expect that it is included in the visa fee but he insists I have to pay.  But I paid visa fee and flight myself before coming.
Is it his responsibility or mine?  He might want to cancel my visa because am not working yet and don't have money to give him. What is in for me?  What can I do in this case ?

Already responded to your other post. Don't make multiple posts on the same topic.

Thank you very much for your reply. I got it. And I will take the advice.