Being an Au pair in Holland: to do or not?

Im 22 year old from the Philippines, a registered nurse and currently unemployed. Right now Im takin advantage of whatever opportunities come my way. I heard about Aupairs in Holland and I thought it would be a good thing for me to experience a different culture that I have without the fear that my own culture will be taken away. Anyone give me any idea hows it being done and will it  be possible for me to do so? Thanksss :)

Hi Qtee,

Welcome on board to this site and I hope that somebody can answer your questions.

Hi.. Check your inbox...

Thank you. :) Im lookin forward to it..

My best friend was an aupair in NL for 4 months and she had pretty mixed feelings about it.  If you love kids and can find a nice family, then I say go for it.  The Dutch tend to be very laid back and NL is a beautiful country, and in any case it's a good learning experience.  You can try the site greataupair.com to meet families. 
To give you an idea, my friend's main difficulties were:
Not having her own private living space (she had her own floor but shared a kitchen)
Being highly educated but resorting to arguing with quite bratty children
Being rather taken advantage - her family was very kind, but they didn't really respect her time, which she found very frustrating understandably.
I think the main thing that really wore her down was that because she was a) foreign and b) working with kids, people tended to think she wasn't very intelligent.  That grates on you after a while!

Hey there sophieinclogs:
thanks for takin your time responding my post. I just instantly thought about few things after reading your words. I personally believe and understand your friend's difficulties towards the situation. I myself could even sometimes wonder why I would do it instead of practicing my profession. But i guess that's what we call risk. I Love kids, (i find foreign kids cute as well) I just dont know the attitudes and they might exhaust my patience. Lol. But thinkin a lot of Filipinos are doin that makes me feel like doin as well. : )

Hey, is your friend Canadian as well?

I think loving kids is the key!  I suspect my friend did it more as a way to relive her year of studying abroad - of course it wasn't going to be the same.  She is in fact Canadian by the way :)