Looking for some information

Hello all!

I know some of these questions have been posted already, but searching through the forum I could not find them.

1) I just moved to Bahrain and need a car. Where is a good car rental/lease place in Bahrain?

2) I believe I have settled on living in Amwaj, does anyone know of a reliable realtor in the area? I have gone out a couple of days, and just looked around but am ready to check out some places. I get enough money from my company that I can afford a villa as opposed to a flat, and also like what they have to offer (the good ones).

3) Cell phones. Prepaid vs Post paid. I am from US and this makes no sense. LOL. I saw somewhere that said they rent the phone during the contract. Does this mean that the phone gets turned in and is not mine? Don't get it.

Thanks for your help! :)

Hi

For a car call Tooranco - 17728998

For cell phones, it's best to buy the phone outright at any store and then get a pay as you go sim.

If you lose your phone on a contract and someone runs up a bill, you are still liable. On PAYG they just block the sim and give you a new one, plus they can only use the credit on the sim and no more.

Hello dudeinvta,

Welcome to Bahrain! Trying to give you some more info..

1) I found a very good service/deal for my car here: Adliya Cars, Mr. Naryan 39926683

2) I have a couple of people that can help you. I live in Amwaj and I found my flat through them. Call Mr. Shetty (39662004) or Anna (36541000). Bear in mind they are from two different agencies! :)

3) I agree with Josnuggles. Better if you buy/use your own phone and get a prepaid (pay-as-you-go) SIM card. Good deals and not a very expensive tariff.

Hope it helps!

The difference between prepaid and postpaid is that with prepay, you get a sim and you 'top up' your phone with credit and when it runs out, you need to top it up again to be able to use it. With post pay, you get a bill at the end of the month and depending on the amount of money you pay per month, you get a free phone.

The post pay plans are a contract, meaning you agree to stay with that carrier until the end of your contract period (usually a minimum of 12 months). It's like this in the States as far as I know. As a result of this, you get your phone at a subsidised price or for free (depending on the value of your contract).

I agree with the above comments that you should buy your phone outright (pay the full price) and either sign up on a pre-pay plan (so you can control your monthly spend) or get a sim-only post pay plan, meaning you pay for what you talk. The post pay plans with a bundled phone usually comes with a limited amount of talk-time.

It's actually pretty straightforward. VIVA is my recommended carrier, but you can go ahead with Batelco as well. Just stay away from ZAIN - not so good coverage and their data plans are not reliable.

Tooranco is a good one to rent cars as well. Alternatively you can have a look at Budget.

Visit www.bahrainpropertyworld.com for properties. You'll have hundreds of options to choose from.

I hope this information helps.

Good luck!