b) kind of boring after a while

Regards

Sam

Hello Sam.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks.

Karen :)

Expensive: Yes.
Boring: Not during my 12 years there, but others' opinion may differ.

sam.parson wrote:

Hi guys
I was wondering whether what they say about life in Singapore is true or false:
a) being extremely expensive
b) kind of boring after a while

Regards

Sam

Hi Sam,

Basic need for living in Singapore not consider expensive if you compare with Malaysia, you still able to get $2 chicken rice for a meal, if you like it ...but for those work in here the most costly one maybe rental expenses ...

Boring ? Not really if you schedule your time nicely...in fact government arrange different event frequently.. Like art festival...if you bore with shopping ? Then let visit museum, or attend courses organised by CC

Tomzz wrote:

I've only been here a few weeks, but I don't think it's boring.
But yeah, it's pretty expensive. Local food isn't as pricy as everything else though so that's good

Hi, you may try Maxwell food court or Ah Moy street food court near tanjung pager area...a lot of local food and most important is local price ....

Boring is whatever you make it.  If it's boring in Singapore or anywhere else, like your home country, it's boring everywhere.  It just gets me when people say places are boring.

Boring is a state of mind.  I don't even use all this technology and stuff, but I can keep myself busy -- even in Perth, Australia.  And that is really laid back.

I suggest everyone go to Tripoli, Libya where I spent a year.  That could be boring, but even there I was not.

Sea Angel wrote:

Boring is whatever you make it.  If it's boring in Singapore or anywhere else, like your home country, it's boring everywhere.  It just gets me when people say places are boring.

Boring is a state of mind.  I don't even use all this technology and stuff, but I can keep myself busy -- even in Perth, Australia.  And that is really laid back.

I suggest everyone go to Tripoli, Libya where I spent a year.  That could be boring, but even there I was not.

Hi Sea Angel,

Where is Tripoli ? will be great you can share life over there ... :)

The cost of living in Singapore is expensive it depends on where you actually from. Boring thing is all up to the individual.. If your doing nothing just work and home then it'll be definitely be boring. Go out and make friends have fun! Cheerioss! ^_^

Expensive ? yes. 5th most expensive in Asia ?!

Boring ? It depends on the individual.

my name is not Sam. It is Mark.