Mumbai Airport

Hello. Every year we come to India to tend to our small business. We fly from London into the international airport at Mumbai and then take a domestic flight down south.  The transfer has always been stressful after a long flight.  Can anyone please tell me if the new domestic terminal has been completed and the transfer is a more pleasant experience or do we still have to take that bus to the domestic terminal?  Many thanks, Jenni

It is still same way, why don't you catch a direct flight to south there are lot of international airports in south and it makes life easy.

Yes, we know we can do that - at a higher price.

Should have followed up the last comment by saying that, apart from poor quality chartered flights (been there and done it), you will still have to change at Mumbai to get to Goa.

Hi
You can go via Delhi

Thanks for that thought bu we have booked now for this year. Will remember that for next year, though we are planning on selling our island villa in Goa.  Shame!!

Hello Jenni,
I am from Mumbai and an Indian. The connectivity between international & domestic airports is the same via the internal free bus. But there is a solution - When you are coming out of the international airport, just before you exit you have a pre paid taxi counter and you can pay a fixed amount (may be around INR 200) and take a taxi. It is around 4 km, but can take anywhere between 15 min to 1 hour depending on the time of the day. You can have Aircon and non Aircon versiosn of the taxis. You can also take fleet cabs, from MERU or TAB CAB, but they charge you on meter basis, but the cabs are better in condition. As they are metered you should know the road or else they can take you for a ride. I hope this is of some help. As I do not see this forum regularly please send me a message, incase u need any info.

Hello and thank you for taking the trouble to respond.

We travel each year to India so know the routine well.  We fly in early in the morning and catch the first flight south. After a long journey from London, that extra hassle of catching the coach we would like to avoid.  So this year to fly direct to Dabolim and hope that next year the terminal will be open!

the terminal will be open only for international flights jenni.. the domestic flights will be from the old terminal only for another two years.. so even if it is open it would not be of any help to you.. i know this coz i work at the domestic airport.. and you are right.. its hectic.. the transfer then certain airlines does not provied you with the baggage allowance etc ..