Which is a good car to drive in Mumbai?

I am looking for a car in the range of 7-8.5 lacs
Can anyone guide as to which car is best suited for mumbai roads.
Driving an alto is a better option seeing the traffic or going for a little bigger car like nissan sunny wont be a problem.Please advise in detail.Waiting for response.Thanks in advance.

i20 is good

I second you.I 20 is good ,but choose your dealer well to get not only good service but better and more free services and fringe benefits.
Regards
Art

Better use an expat car service which I use cause owning a car can be costly at times. If you need info about the service which I use do let me know

Even i would like to suggest you to buy i20.

Hi angel00a

Since Mumbai has lots of traffic you need a car which has good mileage. I would suggest you go for Ford Fiesta.

Faiyaz.

Swift, or Polo can be good options.

Hey do you need a old car, my freind has Honda City 2011 year?

Hi Laradella,

One of my friends is arriving from Germany next week.
Expat car service sounds like a great idea, appreciate if you could send me some details!

ciao bella!

C

7 - 8 L ..

U have a super budget ..

you could go for a honda accord for 3  L

haha, youŽre right aayush. Actually, I have bought a bike Žcause I think is the best option to move yourself in this chaotic city.

car is not a good option in Mumbai traffic...still if you ask then go for a smaller yet stronger one like  chevrolet beat

yeahh true that.. activa best ... better than that .. get a friend who'd be willing to take you places ;)

I KNOW THIS A OLD POST
3 COMPANIES I Recommend , MARUTI  TOYOTA and HONDA
LOOK AT WHAT CAR OF THIS COMPANY FALLS IN UR BUDGET.
I HAVE A FORD classic , HYUNDAI santro xing . TOYOTA  etios liva , honda city ,  maruti SX4

ONCE A CAR GOES IN GARAGE  , U WILL GET A LONG BILL BE IT A LOCAL OR THE Co service sation
ford parts are expensive. maintenance cost  is high
so are skoda and Volkswagen.
same goes for hyundai
tata has no re sale vaule.
mY recommendation :
Honda amaze : honda ruled the city segment for 10 years . only problem ground clearance
toyota: buy it and forget about it . be it corolla , etios liva , etios , innova .  no 1 amongst honda toyota and maruti
maruti . parts are cheap. good average , lots of service stations. dzire is the best

and most important , both maruti and toyota have good resale value
ford, tata , hyundai, forget about it .

Nano is waste ... worthless

3 cars . the best amongst all companies
Honda amaze , Toyota Etios , Maruti Swift Dzire

The best car.. Is the train !

Rossonero3 wrote:

The best car.. Is the train !

:thanks::o:unsure
indian railways

Dont copmare it to German cars or Japanese Cars who have got the legacy of more than 50 years. :)

Automatic Transmission cars are easy to drive around in bumper to bumper Traffic.
The Fuel consumption is a little more than the Manual transmission(MT) cars, but you get more comfort.
You would get too stressed with this MT car traffic routine -
N -1st gear- Brake -N
N -1st gear- Brake -N
N -1st gear- Brake -N..........

This is a refershing way at looking at things.It isnt witty,jocular etc but talks about the most important aspect for in city driver-owner to consider. We need more such posts in all such topics.Thanks.Maybe someone can talk about the brands with AM but from amongst the small car.I think probably Nissan has small car with variable gear. What is the premium or agio for variator models over the MT versions.