German Job Seeker Visa

Hi,

Can some one who is holding german job seeker visa or who applied the same from India- please help me with info like how to searh/find jobs across German in the field of IT where i have skills on IT technologies like SAP FICO,Basic Abap and Testing,Siebel CRM,MS CRM and Oracle DBA.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

I suggest you to read articles on the Work visas in Germany Guide this might bring you some useful hints. :)

Thank you,

David.

Hi There,

I have read the sites mentioned , Still i need more information regaring my Job search in Germany pertaining to IT technology as mentoined below. any one who can help on this ? would greatly be thankful to them.

Regards
Ramesh Goud.

Hello,

I'm currently planning to apply for German Job Seeker Visa.
Having noticed that this thread is not so new, I'd like to ask you if you got through the Visa Application process and stuff.
I have around 3 years of experience in SAP-ABAP and could you please guide me with some important tips for the application.
Please private message me

Hi Harsha,

Even im  planning to apply for job seeker visa. Im having 6 yrs of experience in SAP BI. It seems we have to book our accommodation prior applying to visa.. How are booking your accomodation in germany?
Have you prepared your motivation letter? I appreciate if you could share any info regarding visa process?

Thanks

Hello   Friends,

This  is  kamal  from   hyderabad.  Recently   i  came  here   through  job  seeker  visa   at  present   am  in   Ingolstadt , Germany. I  am from  mechanical  engg   background   a  having  4  yrs  of  exp  in  automotive  domain.

Is  there  any  body  coming  to   here   through  this  visa    ....  we  will   help  each  other   guys.

U can reach  me ( Moderated: For security reasons can you please avoid leaving your phone number on the forum? )

All  the  best

Hi Dinesh,

The Visa process was very simple, provided that all the documents enclosed are accurate enough. Yes, a prior booking of accommodation in Germany has to be done before applying for the visa, or any of your friends or relatives staying in Germany can provide you an obligation letter that you'd be staying at their place while you're in Germany.
Fortunately, I have relatives living in Germany and they were kind enough to provide me accommodation for the initial days.
Yes, motivation letter plays a key role here. Just put all the truth you can, about your career plans, about the purpose of the visit and a back up plan in case the stay in Germany gets unsuccessful.
It was really impressive that the Visa process was just for 2-3 weeks (Chennai), which I feel is really fast.
VFS has helped a lot answering all the questions i asked. Please feel free to call them up and clarify all the doubts you have.

Regards,
Harsha.

ROSHAN789 wrote:

i would like go 2 germany

Is anything stopping you?

Hey I think you can look for some job opportunity in companies that will be interested in you skills  and you need to contact them .

Hi Harsha,

Hope u r gud. Today i hav attended the visa interview in chennai. Interview was quite tough. I was asked to collect my passport on 08/04. I heard a lot of other applicants are waiting to hear frm the consulate. did they gave date in ur case?

Regards
Dinesh

Yes. They gave me the date for collecting the passport which was exactly 2weeks from the application date.
Yeah. The interview was tough for me too.
Good luck !

Harsha,

Thanks for the quick reply.Have you got your visa? Where are you now?

Yep. The day I went to the consulate to collect the passport, I saw the visa stamp on it . Currently I'm in Frankfurt.

Hi Harsha.. I would really appreciate if you could share some insights on job opportunities in SAP in Germany.

I am currently based in Mumbai,India & working as a SAP (APO Module) Consultant since last 3.9 years.

Could you please tell me what is the best way to apply for jobs there? I believe job seekers Visa gives you 6 months to seek jobs there, but how easy is it to get a suitable job in 6 months?

Is it mandatory to have german language skills to apply for jobs there? If so, A2 Level is good enough to apply ?

One last question, once I get Job seekers Visa, can I apply for jobs being in India or is it required for me to personally be available in germany?

Apologies for too many questions :( but this would really help me to make a decision. Look forward to hear from you!

Swapnesh Dave

You do not need a job seeker visa (or in fact any visa) to apply for jobs from abroad. But of course your chances of finding something are better while in Germany.
You do not absolutely need German language skills, but not having any will limit you to very few potential jobs.

hey..thanks beppi for the reply...  you mean to say, there are companies that could sponsor your visa without job seekers visa in hand?

Regards,
Swapnesh Dave

Yes, of course there are.
It all depends on how badly they need somebody like you.

Hi,
I am also looking for the same, what my a week long search come out with,one should have a job contract in hand before moving to Germany, although there are some consultants like y-axis who are can assist on the same but dont guarantee any job over VISA
Please share if you get ne info..

Hi Guys,

Based on Beppi's response and other sources I guess its better to avoid taking job seeker's visa as it involves certain amount of risk, if you plan to leave your job and hunt jobs in Germany. Apart from investing about Rs 45k on the visa ,plus travel & accommodation and period of unemployment will cost you quite a bit.

Unless you are really sure that going there will help you get a job soon, I guess a better option would be to post your CVs on local job sites as there are companies esp in IT sector willing to sponsor a Blue card Visa for you.

Process for Blue card Visa takes about 2 months or so, during which you can serve notice period with your current company.

Also, its a good idea to learn German Language till A2, as learning the language will help you with with communication outside your workplace and also understand the culture in a way.

Hope this helps! WIll post more info if I come across anything else.

Regardsm
Swapnesh