BANKING? Can you open US$ account ?

Hi is it possible to open a us Dollar account here in Cambodia so i can transfer money here ? Thank u

The accounts I open are all in US denomination, maybe some would open a Cambodian riels account. There might be some charges which you need to check with the bank that you wish to open account with.

Which bank did you use ?

ABA for me....
why?
Only one who needs only 2 things.... passeport and money :lol:

Thanks Desolto i have a person and they use Canadia bank , i think primarily that they dont get chaarged atm charges DO YOU have any info regarding atm charges  at ABA?

No charges if you are using an ABA atm.
Charges for atms of other banks.
Not a few... nearly 10$

I have a Canadia Bank account and I can tell you they do charge for using ATM's even Canadia Bank ATM's.

Well it also depends on what accounts you open with the bank and which bank.

Acleda has the most Atms in cambodia and they do charge for atm. All you need is a passport and visa to open account.

dannet wrote:

Acleda has the most Atms in cambodia and they do charge for atm. All you need is a passport and visa to open account.

NO and NO...
Sorry.
I went there to open an account with "Passport and 1 year visa" as you said.... And I have been refused.
They asked me a proof of employment and a paper of my commune attesting that I am living at address.
So, NO.
You need more than a passport and a Visa at ALCELEDA.
I see that you are Khmer-American. And I do know that the policies are different depending on the customer's origin.
As for me, I went there with a French Passport and it was a big NO.

I have recently opened $US accounts with both Canadia and Acleda banks. I also inquired at ANZ Royal. Information below is from my personal experience as a foreigner opening a Cambodian bank account within the last 1-2 months.

Canadia Bank

- Passport with Ordinary visa with at least 6mths validity required to open account
- Local ph number or proof of local address required to open account
- They do NOT issue a debit card, only standard ATM card
- Credit card can be issued, but you must put money into the account and you can only spend up to 80% of your account balance (it works more or less like a debit card, but is called a credit card)
- Internet banking available

ACLEDA Bank

- Passport with Ordinary visa with at least 6mths validity required to open account
- Proof of local employment letter or Business license required open account and/or proof of address (lease), notarised from Sangkat chief.
- Visa Debit card issued
- Internet banking not available

ANZ Royal Bank

- Proof of local employment letter or Business license required open account
- Proof of local address required to open account
- Min $USD500 opening balance required. Must maintain min balance of $USD500 to avoid fees
- They do NOT issue a Visa/Mastercard debit card, only standard ATM card or ANZ Debit card (cannot be used internationally or for internet purchases, etc.)
- Internet banking available