FOOTBALL!

Morning all,

Two things:

Firstly, please advise me as to where I can find a cracking football league of some form - I know there are loads knocking around, but to be pointed in the right direction would be ideal.

Secondly, where would be the best place to watch the premier league. There must be other football fans out there who have found a quality spot, I am yet to do so. Been going to Howzat Bar for the Arsenal games - haven't found a solitary Arsenal fan yet, most probably we're all depressed and drinking our sorrows given the recent form.

Replies would be great - all the best.

It's more fun...

Joey

Further to this - what I didn't mention and most definitely should have done, is that I would be well up for watching the footy on Saturday nights with a group of fans. I miss the raucous atmosphere back in London when it comes to watching the premier league!

joey2605 wrote:

Morning all,

Two things:

Firstly, please advise me as to where I can find a cracking football league of some form - I know there are loads knocking around, but to be pointed in the right direction would be ideal.

Secondly, where would be the best place to watch the premier league. There must be other football fans out there who have found a quality spot, I am yet to do so. Been going to Howzat Bar for the Arsenal games - haven't found a solitary Arsenal fan yet, most probably we're all depressed and drinking our sorrows given the recent form.

Replies would be great - all the best.

It's more fun...

Joey

Hi Joey,

For watching football and other sports. there are probably a million places in Manila. Although under new ownership and lower quality food and service, the Swagman Hotel in Ermita - close to the US Embassy and right behind the Bayview Hotel should still have all the major games on TV in both the restaurant and bar. Use to be no charge but don't know now that it is owned by someone new.
Lots of Aussies there all the time too that can surly point you to a league.
Whatever information you get or learn, please post it here for all of us.

Regards

Pampanga

Top man, thank you for that - Might try it this evening!

Hey!

Why don't you check out the Azkals cafe at the Emperador Stadium.
I have a friend from England who's currently trying out as a GK at different teams here. I'm friends with the guys in Loyola-Meralco Sparks and some Azkals. You might enjoy hanging out with them.

For the Makati bars, then its Handlebar for Aussies and Canadians and some Poms, Heckle 7 Jeckle for the Europeans, more Dutch and Howzats for the Pommies. For Arensal fans, dont think they venture out too often.