Al Jubail

Hi guys,
I just received an offer to move to Al Jubail with SATORP so in case I will accept wife and 6 years daughter shall followed me; is there a nice compounds for family? any International school? Hos is the life there?
Thanks for your replay

Jubail is quite a peaceful place..it's not your busy shopping-fest place like Khobar for example. It's better in this aspect as it's more recreational. There are many places here for sports and leisure and is over all a quiet city.

There are many expats in Jubail and therefore there is Jubail Internation School and a couple of compounds which I dont have the name of them right now as I've only moved here a couple of months ago :)

Your company is probably going to set up your compound, so ask them where the housing would be located.

While Jubail is quieter than bustling Khobar and Dammam,those places hold the better shopping areas and restaurants.  There is a nice and new area being developed on the north side of Jubail with nice restaurants, good architecture and a nice Corniche.

Do Visit the beaches of Jubail - they are doing some good job there

Am a Saudi born and raised in Khobar & Dhahran, I just moved to Jubail 6 years ago and I can tell  you that Jubail is the place to be, yes it doesn't have those activates for expats and it's not near to Bahrain like Khobar, but, it's has better architecture and nicer Corniche and beaches and yes it has a very high number of expats living in Jubail due to the huge number of projects being developed here.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thanks guys. Do you know the name of the expat compounds?
Cheers

Ask your employer to give you Housing in RC ( Royal Commission )

jubail has changed a lot during last decade, downtown is also getting a new shape rapidly, expanding and developing....Royal commision housing is very peaceful and as nicely developed and built as any posh area worldwide. you will find all basic facilities for yourself and family including medical, education, shopping and recreation etc etc, just feel comfortable and relaxed, jubail shall keep you safe and happy.....:)

Can a woman go to the mall by herself (with her baby) in Jubail? And is it true that there are no dressing rooms in the shops there? How do people buy clothes that fit if they can't try it on first?

Will be in Jubail soon too, so I'm doing some intense research ;)

Hi belishabeacon,

I suppose it is just as in Khobar: I used to go shopping on my own, take a limousine or use the compound's van...

But hélàs, yes no fitting rooms in the shops (mostly) anywhere in the Kingdom... :nothappy: so only 2 options:

- first you pay whatever you'd like to buy and go to the washroom to try it in the toilet

- or you pay of course and go back home where you can try your new garment and if it doesn't fit... you go back to the shop, etc etc...

So in the end, we would go for the weekend to Bahrain and make our shopping there... in Bahrain there are fitting rooms! :D:lol:

Cheers
Arlette

i have no info but it's the right decision

Thanks for the info, Arlette! Wow, that's a real shock though, to not be able to try on clothes first before paying. I guess that's one of the differences I'll have to get used to! :)

belishabeacon wrote:

Thanks for the info, Arlette! Wow, that's a real shock though, to not be able to try on clothes first before paying. I guess that's one of the differences I'll have to get used to! :)

Don't worry in the end you get used to it! LOL

I will move to Al Jubail soon, could you give me informations about the life, the compound etc...
Thanks by advance
Fabienne

Hello Fabienne,
Maybe you would like to start a new discussion on the recently created forum for Jubail?

In fact I don't know Jubail itself as I have never been there myself but I'm sure that other members there will be more than willing to inform you about life in Jubail.

Cheers
Arlette

dear!

if you are coming to jubail as a direct employee of SATORP or any of the EPC Contractors then i guess you dont need to worry about the accomodation etc. but! it depends on your contract/ agreement. Jubail Royal Commission is very nice place to live with family. Jubail Town is also good. Apartment rents here are higher than other citiies like Dammam, Khobar, Riyadh etc.

You better grab this oppertunity and come here, its good.

I would like to advise you to let your company arrange your accomodation.

best of luck!