From L to F visa

Hi, I'm in Shanghai on a L visa (expiring on Sep. 13th 2013). I would like to apply for a F visa, and I heard the best way to do so is to go to Hangkong and apply from there.

Does anyone have some informations about that? (needed documents, where to go...)
Is it really the best way? (cost, time)

Thanks in advance.

The latest and updated news was that those agencies providing assistance to foreigners in applying for Chinese visas in Hong Kong were all shutdown in anticipation of the upcoming implementation of the new Chinese Visa Law on September 01, 2013. A few remains open but cannot get approval from the mainland Immigration authorities.

Try to extend your L visa right there In Shanghai and hope that your country has bilateral immigration agreement with China to get you a longer stay on an L visa.

Oups, that 's one bad news...
I already extended my L visa once. And I can't keep on doing this forever so...
My only way out is either to get a legal job contract - which is not easy, knowing I don't have much time left - or go to the university and get a student visa - costs too much money for me right now. 

Any other suitable solution, guys?

You can try stay in Taiwan or Singapore or Thailand or Philippines or any Southeast Asian country for a month while you secure another visa be it an F (tourist) or M (business) visa.

search china visa .com...can help you....for there are some foreigners which can't change L visa to F visa

Hi, I'm in Shanghai on a L visa (expiring on Sep. 13th 2013). I would like to apply for a F visa, and I heard the best way to do so is to go to Hangkong and apply from there.

Does anyone have some informations about that? (needed documents, where to go...)
Is it really the best way? (cost, time)

Hi Soulbend,

It depend on how long you want to get your visa. Recently there have two type of visa exist for foreigner to apply.
1. Apply in mainland. You don't need to leave China every 30 or 60 days but current only allow to apply 90days.
2. Apply in Hong Kong. You can get longer period stay in China (180days) but you gotta leave China every 30/60 days.

Hope this will help.

For further detail can drop me an email. Thank you.

I'm looking at alternatives as well...

If you have a Chinese gf then marry her and secure your stay..

There are still some companies in Shenzhen that can provide L or F visas that I'm presently looking into for about 5500 rmb.

All the clues and tips you received here in this forum won't matter anymore as come Sept 1, you will know exactly how you can extend your visa and prolong your stay here in China.

Having a Chinese GF and marrying her is a long shot if not a whole new life for since you will be entrusted with an entire generation of your wife's lineage.  Follow the regular way and leave China to get a new visa. Don't follow the footsteps of those foreigners who were rounded up and detained in Shenzhen for not having the lawful visa.

Those agencies in Shenzhen are a scam since they still operate despite the fact that they can no longer provide the services they are advertising. Only greedy souls will keep on giving false hopes to hapless foreigners who enjoys staying in China.