Driving licence in Salalah Aug'2013

Dear Friends,

I am an Indain guy (From Pune,Maharashtra) arrived in Muscat, my one month stay will be in Muscat & end of Sep'2013, I am moving to Salalah for 4 months & back to Muscat again. I am planning to take a licence, as i will be in Oman for couple of years. Please share your latest experience to get a driving licence (Salalah is better or Muscat ?. I already having Dubai licence (Auto & NOT Manuel). Please let me know as much as you can share.

Regards

Yogesh_Salalah

1.) The applicant must personally report to the office.
2.) He must fill up the application form.
3.) The form must be submitted along with all other required documents. The copy of the Driving License must be attested by the Embassy of the issuing country and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs office.
4.) The applicant must do the eye test and pay necessary fees before issuance of the Omani Driving License.

following website has some information which can help you out.

This post has answers to all of your questions ... Have a look at it :)https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=111470

it is not easy to get liscense here but chances are fast compared to muscat, but you must be little perfect to take advantage of obtaining liscense

Thank you very much for your information. Please let me know, if there is contract process in salalah or per class OR?

Thank you for the valuable info.

Following website has procedures to transfer foreign driver license into Oman driver license.

wikiprocedure.com

look under "Oman"

HI,

I have recently shifted to Salalah and looking for a Tutor for Driving License Process. Can you pl share the tutor phone number with me?

Hi,
     I am also new to salalah and i intended to get driving license here. please share any good tutor phone number.