New in Bergen, looking for new friends!

Hi All! :)

My name is Alan. I'm 26 and from the UK. I have spent the last few years living and working in various countries and now here I am in Bergen.

I've been here for 2 weeks, and so far not had chance to meet any new friends!
I saw a topic on here from last year where a group of ex-pats had arranged a few gatherings in the town and I think it would be good fun to arrange something similar. Whether you are new in Bergen or have been here forever, it does not matter!

Alan

Hi Alan,

Welcome to expat-blog!

May be you might change the title of your topic, in order to get more attention. :)

Thank you,

David.

Hihi!

Im new to Bergen too! Just came here for around 2 months.. I met a few singaporeans here.. If you dont mind you can join us. =)

Take cares.

Silvia

Hi alan i m angle live in center . Can we meet eachother  . At which place where u live

Hi there :)

I'm new in Bergen also. So far I haven't met many people. I'm hoping that will change once I find a job and also start a Norwegian language course next week.

How are you finding Bergen so far?

Hihi!

Where do you go for your Norwegian classes next week? As I'm starting my Norwegian class next week too! =D

Hi Silvia!

I'm actually studying it at folkeuniversetet. I'm studying a1 I think it'scalled which is for bbeginners & there Mon and wed :-)
What about you?

Same here!!

But different timing.. I'm taking the intrusive classes for a1. It from Mon to Thurs 915 to 1245..
What time does your class starts? Maybe if around the same timing or so we can meet up for a short while.. 😊😊

Intensive I mean.. =)

Oh cool! Mine are the same time but we will be in different classes. We could meet afterwards and go for a coffee or something? :-)

staktoria wrote:

Hi there :)

I'm new in Bergen also. So far I haven't met many people. I'm hoping that will change once I find a job and also start a Norwegian language course next week.

How are you finding Bergen so far?

Hey :)

What brings you to Bergen?
So far it's been good, work is going well and there's plenty to do with time off. How are you getting on finding work?

Allan

Almac86 wrote:

Hey :)

What brings you to Bergen?
So far it's been good, work is going well and there's plenty to do with time off. How are you getting on finding work?

Allan

So far I haven't found work. I'm hoping to find something like waitressing or bartending to start with. It would be quite difficult for me to get a job in advertising straight away so I want to keep building my portfolio for a while.
I met my boyfriend, who is Norwegian, at University in England and he moved back here in December so I decided it would be a great opportunity and challenge for me to move here. :)

What about you? What brings you to Bergen?

Hey Pal (and everyone else),

Good to hear from you:) Feel free to comment in my topic, as I was thinking of conducting an introductory tour of Bergen, since I am official guide here.

See you,

Arunas

hi!

How's your class? =D.. We can meet up for coffee after school on monday! =)

Cheers,
Silvia

Hi,
I am Seina am new to Bergen too and having the same challenges. Maybe we can meet up for coffee. I have moved from Germany and have been living/working in Bergen for about two months now. Where you able to go to any of the expats' gatherings?

thanks

Hi Im giorgio im 18 years old.i want to move to live in norway but sadly I don't know any friend in this country. I need a friend who to talk with him/her from time to time. I will be very happy to find a good friend inthsis lovely country whatsapp on my number +96171843137. Really im a good young person only I want to live in a good country with friends please help me to succeed