Any expat mums-to-be in Bergen fancy meeting up?

Hi

I'm half way through my pregnancy and I think it's a tough thing to do when you are living abroad away from your close friends and family. As it's my first would love to meet up with other English speaking mums to be just for a gossip really and see how everyone else is getting on trying to navigate the Norwegian healthcare system.

Look forward to hearing from you

Karen

Hi Karen, im not a mum to be but have two young children 4 and 11 months, ive only been here a few weeks and would like to make friends, would love to meet up for coffee sometime, though not sure i know anything about Norwegian healthcare system.:)
look forward to hearing from you. mic

Hi Karen, I moved to Bergen when I was 5 months pregnant, so went through the Jordmor and helsestasjon before having my baby girl at Haukeland Sykehus.

I am now a stay at home mum, going to norwegian language lessons in the evenings, at least until my little girl starts barnehage after the summer holidays.

If you have any questions about the system, I might be able to help.

My little girl will be 2 in September, and I too am now looking to meet more British Mum's in Bergen. So, maybe all 3 of us should get together for a chat sometime? :)

Hello Karen,

I recently moved away from Bergen but am coming back for a long stay (and to give birth to baby nr 3). I arrive on Monday and would love to meet some Brits in Bergen as I will be moving back to Bergen soon enough.

First child in Uk (now 4yrs)I had my second child (now 18m) in bergen and ,like i said, am going back especially to have my 3rd. So I have been through the all the systems (jordmor,helsestasjon, KK, barnehage and åpenbarnehage)so if theres anything you need to know, don't hesitate to ask.

I married a Norwegian so i have been speaking the language for 8 years so i can help with the language too, if need be. :)

It would be nice to meet brittish people in Bergen. :)

I went to the cafe on the 5th floor at the Galleria shopping centre in town today, it is a really nice place for Mum's to meet up as they have a kiddie corner with soft play blocks for the kids to keep entertained so us Mum's can have a nice coffee and natter.

Some other English speaking Mum's have an irregular habit of meeting there at 11am on Mondays. I went for the first time today, there were only 3 Mum's as I think lots of them have gone back to work.

If you are all interested in the day/time/location, I think it might be nice for us to continue the tradition?

I am thinking about going next Monday at 11am, if any of you are interested. Post here or send me a message!

Take care, Tammy :)

Hi Tammy, sounds lovely, ill try and get over, my mother in law arrives at the weekend so really depends on what she wants to do. if not this week then maybe the following week.
really looking forward to meeting other english speaking women for a natter.
have a lovely week, looks like weather is improving. :cool:

It's looking like I probably wont be going tomorrow either, although I'm sure some Mum's will be there.

I have way too much to organise for our holiday. Hope to see you all when we get back tho!

Have a good summer! :)