New pharmacy grad to PR

Hi.  First of all, I'm not crazy.  I am an intelligent, trustworthy, and hard-working so-to-be graduate of the U of MN College of Pharmacy.  I will be working soon in Condado for Walgreens.
  Can anyone recommend a decent apartment in town?  and activities that will help me better my limited Spanish and meet people?  I haven't tried Craigslist yet.  Might do that.

Condado is the place to be - if you can afford it. Other options would include Old San Juan and Isla Verde.

Here's an online listing of over 10.000 places for rent: http://www.clasificadosonline.com/Rentals.asp

Walgreens Condado - I have some good memories of it. My first three weeks on PR I spent in Condado and Walgreens was 'round the corner - I went there to get everything. :D

In San Juan, the majority of people speak English and in that Walgreens, it will mostly be tourists. You'll love living there though.I moved here 1 year ago almost and most of my Spanish has been learned at work or through playing sports, I like soccer and met a bunch of people that way. You'll have a blast here and I know a bunch of people that can't speak Spanish and get on just fine.

Craigslist is a good place to look. You can find things like the "Rosetta Stone" software to learn Spanish. They even have a Caribbean Spanish version. You can usually get the program for less than half the price of new. I wish you much luck and good fortune in your new endeavor. Just make sure you hold on to your job once you are there. Jobs are very hard to come by in PR right now.