Beautiful Culebra Island...

Hello! My name is Andres, and here's my situation...

I'm looking to move to Culebra Island, and hopefully open a small business there for tourists, I have a plan in mind, and hopefully it will work out. I know I cannot just throw myself into something I do not know, so that's why I ask you guys:

-Lifestyle in Culebra Island.
-Tourism, nightlife, cost of living.
-Locals, areas to live, food, culture.

I am from Mexico, Acapulco, and have lived in Mexico City as well. I'm prepared for pretty much anything, life has been though on me, I know this adventure won't kill me...

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!

Welcome on the forum andresaveiro ;)

I hope that you will obtain some feedback & responses in regards to your queries.

Wish you best of luck & success for the realization of your project.

Regards

Culebra is known for being one of the few places in Puerto Rico where you can bask in the beautiful isolation of nature. However, this is pretty much all that you will do on the little island because there isn't much else to do or who to do it with. This is great for tourists who want to get away from everything but not very practical to those who are not used to living in the boonies. I urge you to visit the island and stay there for a week. It is a beautiful place and I am a bit of a misanthrope who loves his personal space but I don't know if I could make Culebra my permanent residence. And I grew up in a small town in the mountains of Puerto Rico.

Saveiro, let me tell you something about Culebra: Its not Vieques!!!

The pace there is too slow for me since Im a single middle age man, Yet, I love it there, If a had a long term gal I would be more than open to live and open a business there. If you have capital, a butget for living expense for 18 months I would not hesitate to open a business there. Opportunities abound, most importantly, I let you in on a little known fact: The unemployment there is peanutes if you compare it to any town not in the metro area or the northwest. People from the interior of the main island actually travel weekly to work IN Culebra.

Now, I would not take a business loan to open a shop there. Too risky, you need to do your research and and a substantial marketing budget.

With that, good luck and success to you.