Anyone working in the University of Bahrain? Need some info!

Hi, my husband got an offer from the University of Bahrain. Just wondering if anyone works there that can give us any kind of information regarding housing and living conditions on the campus. Or anything else that might be helpful. I've read another questions similar to mine but there were few answers. :/ Hoping mine will get some more answers. Thanks in advance.

Hello superwoman2010 and welcome to the forum.

Have you read our guide about expats in Bahrain? The guide aims to answer a lot of questions regarding housing, locations to live and many other questions you may have regarding your move. Have a look at the guide and let us know if you have any further questions.

Hi, thanks for the quick response Brightonguy. I've read the guide but I was hoping for some info about living on the campus. Particularly housing and community of faculty living on the campus. :)

I'm really sorry that I personally won't be able to help you on that one. Lets hope someone else here will be able to help.

No problem. I appreciate the help anyway :)

Is there a college website that you can go on? I know people who have worked there but they chose to live off campus. If this is an option then why don't you live on campus for a while and then get your own place later if you don't like it there?

I think contacting the campus and asking to be put in touch with other people who live there may help.

The UoB has a number of housing facilities for academic and administrative staff. Some within the campus and some in nearby areas.

I visited an expatriate UoB academic sometime back in a housing compound in A'ali. It was a nice and liveable place. Unfortunately they no longer are in Bahrain, hence not able to connect them with superwoman. Going by what I saw then, its perhaps safe to assume whatever you get would be appropriate and comfortable.

Thanks everyone for your help. We have decided we will live on campus for the first few months until we get acquainted with Bahrain and then we might relocate as the university is  going to pay for the rent if we decide to move off campus. Just hoping their quarters aren't concrete squares with a door and a couple of windows :mad: Fingers crossed and hoping for the best!

That is a goid idea. You may even like what they provide and decide to stay. But if you do decide to move out,mthere are plenty of good options available as well. The Bahrain Property Guide website is a good starting point for you to get a good idea.

Best wishes and let us know how everything goes.

www.bahrainpropertyworld.com website will give you a good idea about the property prices in Bahrain.