My Job is turning me into Anti-Social Soul

All my life I have been a working Lady but when I moved to Kingdom with my Spouse I stopped working and due to some reasons and suffocated surroundings[comparatively Pakistan]I turned into a couch potato & internet addict with nocturnal nights and now since 2 months I 'm on Job but my work hours 9-12 and 4:30-9:30 are keeping me too occupied,when i reach at 10:00pm I am dead tired and don't feel like talking a lot to my hubby or friends[on phone or net] nor i want to visit or invite some one unlike past.I don't even have  Thursdays off or even half days.So like typical Desi men I prefer to stuck myself at home playing Petville.

Its not that I am not happy to be at job i feel so alive and important but i get embarrass when my friends,family and friends complain all the time about my terrible attitude.:(
Situation is worse its just I dont want to whine further about It :rolleyes:
I want general opinion of my blog friends....What to do yar,Should I quit???

awwwww, sad lil nonzie :(

I recommend you quit.  Those split hours are ridiculous--how can you have a life?

You need to look at the big picture.  A job really means nothing--you'll have many of them in your lifetime (wasn't like this in the 'old days' but it's how it is now) but, hopefully, your marriage will last a lifetime.  However, this job is endangering your marriage because you're too tired for anything and don't have much free time.

The answer is simple:  QUIT and look for something else.  Maybe something in a preschool, with children.  I think you'd be good working with children and the hours would be great!

You are right Allie,i should quit.There is nothing more important than my marriage.It wont go any where but why to live it in compromising status when i can have better life....

Its just that few of my friends[so called] pridicted"you won't be able to coup with it"and i don't want to be renowned as a"loser"

Walaheeeeee what to do!!!

Re-evaluation doesn't make one a loser. 

In fact, I think it's a very good thing to be flexible in one's thinking and actions.

You try things--they don't work as anticipated.  Do you stick to them?  That would be nonsense.  Instead, you formulate a new plan and try something else!

yeah,but don't ya think i should wait for the"something else" before leaving it.In fact switching would be rather more appropriated word:rolleyes:

u could send ur resume to

[email protected]
i heard they are good and offer good jobs here in ksa
and i totally agree wth u
u dnt have to quit
unless u have some thing else in hand

don't ya think i should wait for the"something else"

Well of COURSE!  That went without saying!  This is one time those split hours  would work well--you can easily interview lol

nonz...dont think abt people much at this point of time. think abt urself, ur family. i wud suggest you to have a long word with you hubby before taking any step. coz he is the one who will be there for u always. involving ur hubby in these kinda decisions will not only make him happy but also will make ur relation more stronger. but YOU SHOULD DO WAT YOU BOTH DECIDE for this!!!
i aint married yet but i think this is correct.

If the income you t from your job is not a vial need for the family you should quit and not allow the job to affect your home and family life.

The decision is entirely in your hands based on your priorities and needs.

Family must always come FIRST.

rudy666:u could send ur resume to

[email protected]
i heard they are good and offer good jobs here in ksa

Its not as simple as ABC,i dun have attested degrees or i wont be stuck there,i got he job with a reference of our close mate.so ya can understand my situation:|

Allie :This is one time those split hours  would work well--you can easily interview lol

Yeah but in Kingdom 12 to 4:30 is very unproductive hours.I don't even get the the Appointment of desired Doctors during these timings:mad:

shahab.ali :but YOU SHOULD DO WAT YOU BOTH DECIDE for this

Shahab,This man is life has been giving me unconditional love so i dun have a fear to loose him due to my timing issue but yeah he does complain in a childish way and I do f3l guilty but don't react most of the times:(..

musicman :If the income you t from your job is not a vial need for the family you should quit and not allow the job to affect your home and family life.

No,its not the family need ,its my need.My husband is earning well but i have been self-dependent all my life,i am still little reluctant to spend his money on luxurious items for my personal use,so its always fun to get extra bucks for ya self.Right?

AS soon i m gonna get job in straight hours and have some decent experience,i am gonna quit for sure:)

wats yr line of work? maybe i can help?

musicman its Marketing and Admin:)

ok, thats interesting since there is a demand for ladies these days, esp in call centers, help desk units, and even womens branches of banks. will see what we can do through the grapevine...

Hope I get a wife like this, so that i can relax at home. I wont be reluctant at all to spend her money ;)...he he he
(just joking)

thx musicman.As I can see your efforts has already started

and Shahab"the future greedy husband":lol::lol::lol:

HEY!  if a woman wants to support a man, she'll find the equiv. of Brad Pitt.  Sorry, guys lol

If its gonna be Brad Pitt..i am ready to support him for Entire life:D

The queue begins behind me, girlfriend!

u think i m less??:cool: .... ;)

hehehe Ok i don't mind,at least I will have him:D Although my loyalties are more with Johny depp:P

nonz - i understand your hesitation.  you have to do what feels right to you - you might be less miserable sticking with your current job (and hunting for another) than at home just plain old job hunting.  i totally understand wanting extra pocket money so you can rely on yourself / so you dont have to feel guilty for buying something obscenely expensive! being a girl is totally tough!

redgems wrote:

nonz - i understand your hesitation.  you have to do what feels right to you - you might be less miserable sticking with your current job (and hunting for another) than at home just plain old job hunting.  i totally understand wanting extra pocket money so you can rely on yourself / so you dont have to feel guilty for buying something obscenely expensive! being a girl is totally tough!

I like the fact u understood me completely and beside the timings rest of the stuff aint so bad and Some of my friends from our website has already started to find job for me:)

I agree that family comes first and if your salary is not needed for survival of the family, but you're not surviving "in" the family, then other employment is what you need.

Musicman is right that qualified women are needed in your area in many places in Saudi Arabia, because of the lack of work skills of the women in this country.

Good luck in finding something fulfilling to you and filling to your pocketbook.

hey nonz, i think u better join some school.

and by the way, if u dont quit ur present job, who said u r becoming an anti social? u r here and u much active in our lives...dont u think so?

thx for the good luck Mister Stretch.I really need this:)

and Shahab,considering my self Anti social is just not a over night thought.Every one has been making me realize it.Blogging does not has to do anything with it:(

MisterStretch, in reality, my experience tells me, that the women in this country are much smarterthan a whole host of men in their attitudes, education, abilities, committments and delivery in the work arena. My wife and two daughters will confirm that first hand too.

Given the right opportunities in the right slots they will certainly show the rest of us expats how much better they can contribuite towards the development and progress of their Kingdom.

Sadly, the time is not here, yet... although in the few areas where they have been able to step in they are achieving in leaps and bounds relative to what their menfolk have been able to dish out over the past 50 years.

nonz wrote:

Shahab,considering my self Anti social is just not a over night thought.Every one has been making me realize it.Blogging does not has to do anything with it:(

ya nonz...i can understand. was just tryin to make u feel better.
so have u taken any decision yet?

i have to wait till my boss come back from vacation...so when when boss is going to be away ,we mice are surely going to play:P

all the best nonz...

the hens have now become mice...
yikes!
do we need to go out and buy mousetraps and cheese?

no,we are still hens:D

Jeeze, I'm not a HEN.  :mad:

If you insist on calling me some type of bird name, I'll be a freakin' EAGLE!  :lol:

hehehe orright ...Eagle would be fine but the only problem is "i never heard about Eagle Party:P

Then we have invented something NEW for proud, independent women!!

Ahhannn Allie has started to discover her inventiveness abilities :D in Riyadh

Have always been inventive, my dear :)

A small example:  the expression 'copycat.'  I always felt this was much too nice a name for somebody who is copying (and usually trying to take credit for) something that you yourself have initiated.

Sooooooooooooooooo .. I long ago invented the expression 'copyweasel' which I think better captures the personna of the abuser!  (unfortunately, my expression has yet to catch on in the mainstream but given enough time, maybe .... lol).

Nonzy,
Eagle, Hen, Peahen, whats the difference? Maybe size only. They all have feathers, they all lay eggs, they all cluck in theiur own special ways, and most of all they all need Roosters...

Allie,
CopyWeasel hits the nail on the head in terms of conveying the message but its the aliteration tyhats missing. I guess whoeever who coined the term "copycat" chose the C word on purpose to conform to the sound of the term with its aliteration in place.

How about CopyCobra?

yeah this one sounds better,lemme talk to Oxford Dictionary authorities.May be they would like to include this expression in the latest addition.hehehe

and CopyCobra may be suits for the bandit queens or bandit kings:P

In reality, copying, in this age and time is nbot such a bad thing. Thats why Mr Gates chose to include the "COPY n PASTE" function within his brilliant MSOffice Software.

What is wrong is PLAGIARIZING someone elses work and claiming it as ones own which is criminal offence by any standards.

In todays world theres really noi piont in spending time, effort and money on re-inventing the wheel when its already there for the taking, thanks to Google too...

Maybe we should add an invisible A in between Copy/Paste to read, COPY, ACKNOWLEDGE n PASTE (CAP).

Thats why Mr Gates chose to include the "COPY n PASTE" function within his brilliant MSOffice Software.

hehehehe yeah right,i agree :P