International bank transfer advice needed

Please can someone offer advice on the following:

We have a fixed deposit account in Bangladesh with a sizeable sum of money. The money was due to a land and property sale from my grandparents. I have been told that the only way to obtain this money is to physically go to the bank in Sylhet!!...This was the advice from my elderly parents. We figured this would take us about 20 trips to get the money! I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to get this money legitamely via a bank transfer/money transfer from a bangladesh bank account to another bank account outside of Bangladesh and if there are any costs associated with it..I understand that there are some strict rules around export of currency from the state..

I'm based in the UK at present, but my parents origins a bangladeshi.

Would really appreciate some expert knowledge on this..

Many thanks in advance.

Hi jibbarley,

Welcome to expat-blog!

May be you can get in touch with your closest bank service and ask for transfer information and procedure, they might be able to give you solution according to this issue. :)

Thank you,

David.

From Bangladesh you can transfer your deposit by A/C 2 A/c but Bank take 1 week times and costly,,May i know from where you can receive your money?
actually i can give you a agency  information they can give you by 24 hours. after received your money you have to pay from Bangladesh.
Regards
Prince