Free long ter prescriptions

I apologise if this has already been asked but I can't seem to find the answer. We are looking to relocate to Malta in the next year or two. My husband had a heart attack a few months ago ane will now require medication for the rest of his life. Currently he is entitled to free prscriptions in the UK as he is over 60 years of age. He will be in receipt of his state old age pension be the time we relocate to Malta. I am trying to find out whether they would be entitled to free prescriptions for his heart condition.

Have a look under the Health System category. Basically yes, to answer your question but there are several related issues of which you need to be very aware of. Sorry but I cannot link all information as I am travelling and only have my mobile. Good luck.

redmik wrote:

Have a look under the Health System category. Basically yes, to answer your question but there are several related issues of which you need to be very aware of. Sorry but I cannot link all information as I am travelling and only have my mobile. Good luck.

Allow me mate........

Free Prescriptions/Health Care in Malta (2 pages)

Safe travels Mick.......

...........and good luck hal21linda.

hal21linda - please read the recent thread regarding yellow health card/new ID document very carefully. Depending on whether Malta gets it's act together, your husband might not be able to access free chronic medication until Malta issues him with his EResidency documents and number. One needs to have a valid ID number for chronic medicine and that could take up to a year the way things are going in 2013!

rooikat wrote:

hal21linda - please read the recent thread regarding yellow health card/new ID document very carefully. Depending on whether Malta gets it's act together, your husband might not be able to access free chronic medication until Malta issues him with his EResidency documents and number. One needs to have a valid ID number for chronic medicine and that could take up to a year the way things are going in 2013!

if we are lucky - still waiting this end