Getting my hard earned dollars to Mexico

I'm moving to Mexico, by air. What's the best way to transport my money? Would you recommend a Mexico bank vs a bank in the states, etc...
Any and all knowledge you drop on this subject matter will help and be greatly appreciates, thanks.

Hello, the best thing you can do with your dollars
deposit it in a bank in your country and make the transaction from your country to Mexico here has
with banks that can help you. Oh get a card American Express, I think that it is more secure.

What do you mean by "transport?" ATM's work well for many expats here.

I use Banamex in ElPaso Tx. to hold my money and can use atm anyplace in mexico for free. If you are going to use other banks they will charge you international fees that can truly add up. I was using US bank for a while but to pull out 500 bucks they were charging me 25 bucks and im sick of giving the us banks my money.

Scotia bank doesn't charge either. They are a Canadian based bank. I'm surprised that banamex dosen't charge, because it is a Citi bank affiliate.

Be sure to click "no" on the donation question that comes at the end of your atm experience. That will add up quickly also.

All US banks will charge a 1% Conversion fee. They don't list it on your statement nor on the ATM. It's deducted from the conversion rate. The 1% is for debit cards while the credit card conversion fee is higher.