Job offer from Bahrin... pls suggest

Dear All

i got offer from one of company is
basic

they not given family accommodation and  my wife visa+ticket+medical insurances on me.

please suggest its good offer or not...????. i want to save at least 80 K to 1 LAC per month rupees to saving.in that case which amount i ask for HR.

Hi

You haven't said what the job is for which means we can't give advice. That is a good salary for a barman but rubbish for head of IT.

I also don't know the exchange rate for Rupee's so you will have to let me know how much you want to save in BHD.

i want so save at least  500 to 600 BD. this for IT support JOB.

You want to save 500 - 600BD a month when you are only earning 700BD? I suppose that is possible as a single man, but if your family are moving with you and you have to pay for their medical insurance and schooling you won't save that much.

Even if you don't have children you will find it hard to save that amount.

I would push for BHD1000 and your wife's medical Insurance and visa to be included.

ok. i will try them.

if they not ready for my wife Visa+medical insurances .

it on me what approx cost for Visa+medical insurances for my wife.

Depends on the level of cover you want for her insurance.  Google it and take a look.

Visa will be a one off fee and not too expensive so don't worry about it.

Bahrain is a country of negotiations,  never accept the first offer

ok. thanks....

can i take her insurances approx 30 to 50 BD Per year.

i will try them for negotiation.

The quote for my insurance was around BHD800 per year for a normal package

The lowest medical insurance (which is completely useless) costs about BD250 per annum. And this does not cover anything other than a few critical illnesses. A proper medical insurance cover is in the range given by Josnuggles above.

When moving with family, there are initial set up costs that you need to factor in. You may want to get an apartment, buy furntiure, electrical appliances, etc. Hence you may not be able to save money in your first few months.

You will also not be able to save 500 to 600 dinars if your monthly income is BD700. Based on what I have read, a more realistic monthly saving for you may be around BD200 to 300. All of this, of course depends on your choice of lifestyle.

HI..

i want to know what is

Minimum-Average-maximum salary range in IT Support field with 8+ years Experiences and bachelor of engineering degree.

please suggest.

Engineering is highly regarded here in Bahrain and Saudi.

Regarding the salary I would think around BD1,000 plus "all inclusive" accommodation, transport, family visa, schooling, medical insurance, flights home, bonus, return flight at end of contract.

Hi Victor,

I am myself having 8+ years of experience from the IT Field and drawing almost a similar package. People are not ready to go beyond a certain limit.

2ndly, In Bahrain, 90% of the IT Jobs are outsources to middle-man companies who charge the clients hefty amount and maybe pay the resources peanuts.

Mention the Company which has offered you via PM if you may to we can guide you better..

Bahraini/European or West-educated Candidates would probably draw 4 figure salaries, where as the mindset for Indian IT engineers is that they can suffice on even half the salaries.

India in bettwr in terms of opportunites, as you can go to US or UK on Company assignments.

irfy4u wrote:

Hi Victor,

I am myself having 8+ years of experience from the IT Field and drawing almost a similar package. People are not ready to go beyond a certain limit.

2ndly, In Bahrain, 90% of the IT Jobs are outsources to middle-man companies who charge the clients hefty amount and maybe pay the resources peanuts.

Mention the Company which has offered you via PM if you may to we can guide you better..

Bahraini/European or West-educated Candidates would probably draw 4 figure salaries, where as the mindset for Indian IT engineers is that they can suffice on even half the salaries.

India in better in terms of opportunities, as you can go to US or UK on Company assignments.

Not completely agree  , it certainly depends on your Skill set and negotiation , and India being hub of IT companies  , there are tremendous opportunities for IT folks , so in my opinion never compromise with remuneration while coming to ME , if you are getting something which is well and good for you  then take otherwise explore something in India ( for IT folks at least) , I agree with the point that Europeans/Americans are treated differently than Asians , that's the culture of ME from old time and the reason I see is that Asian  countries , traditionally , used to be big supplier of low skilled labor to this mkt , however its not the same anymore.

Hello...All

i am in Bahrain from last 2 month....

thanks for your guidance,,,,,

thanks to all special thanks to Farhaz,Josnuggles.....

Hi Victor
Good to hear that you are here in Bahrain now. Thanks for your note too. Much appreciated.

Please join us in the Forum whenever you get a chance.

Best wishes.

Sure ...farhaz..