The most amazing thing happened to me yesterday in Munich

So you know when you land in a new city and you are trying to figure out which way is up and all that?  Well, I just arrived in Munich and don't speak a word of German (some of my mates say I even stuggle with English....) and was trying to get settled - mobile, flat, finding the new offices.....you know how it goes.

So last night I was trying to buy a monthly train pass and Sendlinger Tor where I am staying.  The place to buy your monthly pass was closed (strange hours but I'll digress) and the woman at Information could not help. 

There was this local woman who was walking past who stopped and offered to help.  She helped me find the ticket kiosk, translate through the info and when my card wouldn't work, she offered to buy my ticket using her bank card!!  So I ran to the closest ATM to pull out my Euros - the whole time praying that she wouldn't leave and rushed back 5 minutes later....

And the woman was still waiting!  So a perfect stanger took 20 minutes to help me sort out something as simple as buying my rail pass.

So a big thanks to all the locals in Munich and especially the woman, for making life easier for newbies like me! 

Hope I can reciprocate at some stage in the future!

And if you see a tall Canadian standing around with a lost look on his face - my name is Mike! ahaha

mike-xpat

That was nice of her !
People like her brighten a day, a travel and a stay :-)

Great to hear some positive German stories.  Sometimes I feel sad that people only report the negative experiences they have here.  I have found most Germans are very helpful and often very kind. Glad you got it all sorted.  Munich is a fantastic place to live.  You will enjoy it.