Planning to move New Zealand

Hi All,

I am a Fine Arts Graduate with 12+ years of work experience with various Software Companies as a Media Designer and Creative Head.

I do Graphics, Animations, Print Media, Corporate Branding and Promotional Works, Paintings, Murals, Greeting Card Designs, Set Designs, Stage Designs, Stall Designs, Web Templates, So many Creative Stuff's.

I have been to New Zealand for 4 years on Work Visa, Got selected for NZ PR then applied. But because of Employer i lost the opportunity to get it, again looking to move to New Zealand. Can i apply NZ PR from India itself?

Please some one suggest me the job opportunities and NZ PR process. I am in India now working for USA Real Estate Company as a Manager Branding.

Please provide me your valuable feedback and any help regarding the same is much appreciated.

Cheers
Praveen

Hi Praveen,

Your post has been moved to the New Zealand forum for better visibility.

Regards
Armand

Contact the NZ embassy in India for information.

Pravee wrote:

Can i apply NZ PR from India itself?

Yes. You do not need to be in New Zealand to apply for permanent residence. In fact, it is advisable to get PR before moving here if you can afford to wait.

Pravee wrote:

Please some one suggest me the job opportunities and NZ PR process.

The job market is always changing, and the available jobs in your field may be totally different in 1-2  years when you are ready to move here. Most recruiters or employers will prefer someone with New Zealand experience, so getting that first job may be (very) difficult. The creative field is especially challenging because of kiwi attitudes and tastes.

Since you are a real-estate brand manager/ creative director type, you could try contacting the largest real estate companies in New Zealand and offer to send them a link to your web portfolio to see if they will even look at it and talk to you. You will probably have more luck in Auckland (where the big real estate firms are concentrated), but you could give Wellington a try as well. The largest creative workforce in New Zealand is WETA studios in Miramar (Wellington), although they are very hard to approach.