Employment for females?

Hi all,

Hope the weather is warm enough for you all.  I just require a little help if poss???

My wife will be joining me out in Bahrain next year should I be able to strike the right deal this week coming!

Question-
I was wondering what possibilities are there for females to work in offices in Bahrain.?

My wife is 40, well educated, only speaks and writes English, construction background in construction/office management. No other formal quals after 'A' levels.

I am not asking about particular jobs rather the possibilities of her finding employment and salary guides - ie same as UK?

Thank you for all your help and assistance.

There are plenty of roles here - stop panicking :D

Jo,  I think I may require your help when I get there you seem to know the lay of the land.

I got your message, I am not on FB at the moment but will sort it out soon.

Are office jobs approx. same as UK salaries, the wife wants to work when she gets out there.

The move has been pushed back a few months, but hopefully out there for  few days next week.

Jo is definitely a wealth of information and has helped so many people settle in here, we would be lost without her! As far as office jobs are concerned there seems to be plenty around but the salaries I have seen look rather low, 250 to 450bd per month. Perhaps a western company would offer more?

Thanks Silver :D

The maximum your lady could expect to earn here in an office job is around 500BD. The problem is lots of Indian nationals do the work just as well but expect a lot less in salary. Kinds of pushes us out of the market.

School support staff do pay well though - St Chris, BSB etc, check their websites for more information. Be prepared though, you will need to be able to provide original exam result certificates!!

I am around and happy to meet up with you when you move. I can show you around and make sure you get a beer or two in order to settle you in.

Please don't panic, the move is going to be hard work without over stressing.

I have a UK skype number where you can call me for free. If needed just PM me for the details.

Good luck and a BBQ by our pool is not too far away

There are jobs but as the others have already said the wages are on the low side unless you can speak arabic.

The schools are worth looking into once she arrives but admin jobs even in the British Schools only get 4 weeks holiday a bit of a nuisance if you have children who get about 15 weeks holiday.

I would not stress about it until she arrives - it will take a few weeks at the very least to settle into the way of life here unless you/she have lived in the Middle East before.

Thanks all for your reply.

We have never lived anywhere out of the UK.

My wife will not be looking for work straight away as she intends to have some well deserved R and R or the first 12months.:cool:

Look forward to seeing some of you soon.

I have never lived anywhere other than UK. Your wife deserves a break but so do you, shame you won't be as lucky.

You are moving to a fab place with lots of people here who are happy to welcome you and give you advice when necessary.

Just enjoy the excitement and settle in asap