Living in Bristol city or Cardiff city

Hi folks!

My name is Andrea I'm Italian and I'm a forum's new entry.
I would like to know some details about cities like Bristol and Cardiff.

Well,

I'm planning of move to England to perform a Master in Mining Geology at the Camborne School of Mine but not this year and during the while I want get a job to maintain myself in England.

I'm thinking about Bristol and Cardiff but what's the best one to get a job?

So, Does it difficult to find a job like waiter or catering assistant and Hospitality jobs related in Bristol? And in Cardiff?

How's the job situation there?

How much is the renting price for a sharing flat, (bills included)?

Many thanks

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

I live in Bristol so I don't really know what's the situation in Cardiff in terms of jobs and housing(although I'd imagine it;s pretty much similar).

It's easy to find a job in a bar/restaurant, I know that a lot of restaurants employ students for even as little as one month.
There are plenty of employment agencies where you can seek advice and/or employment.

Regarding a flat, the rent varies and depends on the area you are looking to live in. If you intend to live in the city center, I'd say you could find a flat of 300-380 per month but if you are willing to live a bit further away you could easily find a flat for 250-300 pcm (of course in this case you need to take into account the travel expenses, e.g bus tickets, taxi fares etc which are quite expensive).

The advantage of Bristol over Cardiff is that it's near Bath and relatively near to London and it's more of a cosmopolitan city than Cardiff.

Hope this helps...