A DAY IN THE LIFE

apple watch??? I am a certified apple tech

Do they come with built in hourly zappers???? :D:D:D

Bob K

Yes patience and telling time......  one you need cause they other they don't have.

Much more important -  how is your mum  Bob? I hope she is okay!

Thanks for asking. We will know more this morning.

Bob K

Fingers  crossed for everyone honey!

Bob, how is your mom?

Bob, never mind the normalities here, how is Mom?

Mom seems to be doing alright.  She developed a PE  (pulmonary embolism--blood clot in the lung) and has too more in her leg but all in non vital areas.  She will be released from the hospital later today but will be on blood thinners for 6 months or more. She was released to go back to work on Monday.

Oh and she is 88 years old.  God bless her

Bob K

And thank you all for your well wishes :)

Bob K

Holy crappola Bob!
Still working?
Wow! I guess she quit smoking 50 years ago!
Send her a get well hug from me, OK?
Tom.

Actually smoked her whole life which brings up the bigger issue she has a very serious lung cancer and just finished Chemo and Radiation.  However against everyone's advice went back to work full time 6 weeks ago.  Go figure.

Thanks for the good thoughts and I will pass that hug on for you

Bob K

Well, if working makes her happy, who are we to
argue with her. I really hope she works in a smoke free
environment though. I have been smoking for over 55
years now & trying to quit. It ain't easy chum!

some one has to fund my social security checks :D:D:D

Bob K

Ahhhhh Bob good to hear.  Your mom is one amazing woman,  you come from good genes honey!

Planner thanks

Bob K

RAIN, RAIN, RAIN  yes we have rain.  Only about 20 min or so of a rain. Not very heavy, not very much water and certainly not nearly enough. But much more than we have had in the last 8 weeks in total.

Hope for some more tonight.

Bob K

Good to hear you got some Bob......LOL

It is always good to get some...:D:D:D:D

Bob K

Well, here in Cabrera, our last real rain
was that big flood back in January, I think!
REALLY!
We had 2 hours of lightning & thunder last night, NO rain.
I don't know how everything is staying green.

Most of the gardens in our neck of the world are a very dull brown at this point.

Bob K

What gardens?
At least the municipal water is never shut off.

We had lots of trees, veggies, lawn, fruit

Bob K

Our mangos & avacodos are taking longer to ripen this time.
Lack of water I suppose. However we have 7 little
pomegranates 1" finally after 6 years.

Ubie Blake the ricky-ticky whore house piano player ( Compoer) died at 96 of natural causes.  He smoked all his life 2  to 3 packs of non-filtered Camels & 1 -2 bottles of whiskey every day.  It IS in the genes.   Check him out on Google.   You never know what is going to catch you up for that last journey.

Best wishes for your mom Bob....she sounds incredibly amazing...

Isn't that the truth....if its your time your going no matter where you are or what your doing lol!

She is one amazing woman for sure.  One day in the hospital, placed on blood thinners, and back to work 48 hours later.  Amazing for an almost (8 weeks) 88 year old.

Bob K

Glad to hear she is on the mend Bob.

I got hit with the flu virus making the rounds.  Didn't leave my room/bathroom for almost 3 days...... but it's now through my system.

What is interesting -all the reactions.  For me - I let it run its course, fluids, treat a fever but just rest and sleep when possible.  Others - oh no, some would think I was dying. I needed to go to emergency, I should be hospitalized etc etc.  Hell no, there are too many germs in hospitals, I was better off at home.

When it progressed and I was dehydrated house call got me an IV and then on the road to recovery....... 

Great for my waistline, I am down about 3 pounds.....lol

As a physician I avoid hospitals at all costs.  To me you go to the emergency room for fractures, bleeding  you can't control (like a limb hanging off) heart attack.  Otherwise treat at home.  I was always amazed at the "crap" people came into the ER with.  Time and supportive treatment will take care of 95% of what ails you.

I used to tell my staff on days I was under the weather that I did not want to see any patients who were not at least as sick as I was :D

Planner glad you are feeling better.

Bob K

Thanks Bob.

VERY good advice Bob.
Senseless visits to Doctors & hospitals
is ruining Canada's incredible health system.

It is doing the same to the US system.

Bob K

Here too, for whatever that's worth.
Actually, I took our handyman to Emerg.
a couple of weeks ago for 15 stitches in his hand.
Machete incident.
30 MINUTES later, we left, all done.
Incredibly efficient, Public hospital here in Cabrera.

You ever notice the low percentage of fat & obese of the locals?   Compared to the fat & obese ratio of the general population of the U.S., the people are more healthy looking.  The local foods, even all the rice & beans seem to be much better for them than the imported, processed junk.  The local fruits & veggies are almost all organic, pesticide & hormone free.  A hundred years ago in the states, only the affluent were fat.  The poor were slender.  Now the reverse is true.  Look around, are the ex-pats usually more over weight than their help?  Why do Dominicans in general have such white & better looking teeth than most ex-pats?  Just some points to ponder.  I know that these are generalizations but are approbo. (my poor spelling again).   I agree with Tomas about quick, efficient medical care.  I can attest to that.  An accident punctured a lung. Spent 20 days in a Puerto Plata  hospital. The care was life saving.  Eat more local dishes & thrive!   Maybe the culture provides the laughter you hear on the streete, the music & friendliness  of the people, or it could be the food.

Gypsy, you are quite correct about the Dominicans generally.
However here in Cabrera there is an abundance of somewhat
overweight Ladies. Not so many men though.
Local diet is the secret, too much salt though.
How are your eyes coming along Gypsy/
Tom.

And it is an error to assume local food is pesticide free etc etc.  Unless you buy directly from the small local farmer you can assume nothing here.  Often they use more dangerous products here then in USA. And they are used by many who don't always know correct application protocols.

Gypsy I've too noticed what you are referring to but no full answers.

Tomas, perhaps Cabrera heavies need more tourists to bounce off the excess!  Planner, you are correct,  I buy from the local producers & stay away from the mega-stores for my fresh items.    In my restaurant, I used many herbs & spices.  I did not cook with any salt, (except for kosher or sea salt in my pasta water).  My little place sat 26 in the dining room, 18 at the bar & 11 at the outside B-B-Q bar.  A 1 pound box of Mortons' salt lasted way more than a months' use by my patrons.  All employees were instructed to request that the people taste their food before using the salt & pepper.  Most ingredients have their own salt & mineral content, usually of a sufficient amount to suffice for their daily requirements. Of course, the ones who worked construction & other high energy jobs drank more Margaritas!    Seriously, people do consume more salt than is required for good health.   Eat well & live well.

Yes my local garden supply -place sells all kinds of pesticides (many banned in the US) for general use here.

Bob K

But of course Bob, you & your staff don't use them ever.