Work permit as a chef in Malta.

Hello to everyone on the forum,

I am new here and will like to ask you guys if you know how long it takes for the decision of a work Permit application. I was in Malta on a visit visa for 3 months and my employer applied for a work permit after a month since my arrival in Malta. This application was submitted end of January 2013 by end of February I submitted all the documents requested such as medicals references and so on after all thus we revived a letter saing that my application is now in the process and waiting the clerence of the tourism authority. It's now April and I have not yet revived a decision. What do you think guys is this normal and will they inform even if its negative?
Thank you
Edi

Hi Edi,

that is normal as it has to go through several stages including EURES.

Make sure your tourist visa has not expired as your visa has to be valid at the time you collect the work permit and also when you apply for residency after receiving a work permit.

It sounds as if your tourist visa has already expired!

They will let you know in both cases.

Cheers
Ricky

Thank you Ricky for your reply.
Yes my visa has expired and I am now back home waiting for the permit.

Regards

Hi Edi,

that was a good decision to wait at home as it shows that you follow rules and regulations -))) Overstaying is not a good thing to do.

I wish you luck with your work permit. There might have been a delay due to the recent elections and changes in certain departments.

Cheers
Ricky

Thank you again Ricky.

Hi Edi I hopes you are doing well. Hope You Got your work Permit I am in the same boat as you, I too have been waiting for decision of a work Permit application since last 2 months. My employer in Malta submitted application for Work Visa 2 months ago. Things aren't going my way, End of my hopes, the end of all my dreams. very kind hearted employer, She is always extremely positive, encouraging, patient, and she keeps me motivated  she still fights although its reallyhard. Before beginning the process She told me  it takes ages ! What do you think? If you have already received a positive decision from the authorities then I could Stay Positive :)