Any Musicians?? I'm looking to visit This Spring/Summer.

Hi,My name is Dave(That's me in the Pic at a recent guitar show.) and I know this is probably a long shot? But,I'm looking to visit Amsterdam in the summer of 2013 and I'm looking for a place to stay for maybe two-three weeks.
I'm a musician from Pittsburgh-USA,45 years old,I play Bass guitar/guitar and I'm looking to check out the music scene there.I would also like to do a short documentary on the music scene while visiting,and do alot of filming of musicians and bands;Also some interviews.
I have money saved, that is no problem. So,I could rent hotel rooms etc...But,I figured that I would rather pay a little money to a fellow musician that may have an extra room,or somewhere to sleep,and also who may be able to show me around a bit?
Again,this is probably a long shot but I figure I may as well put it out there,let me know if you have any ideas/offers etc...
               Thanks for your time,and maybe I'll see you soon?  ~Dave H.~

Hello Dave.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Concerning the accommodation, do not hesitate to post an advert in the Housing in Amsterdam section. It could help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

amsterdamstay.comur there Dave, check out some of the open mic nights maybe, like the ones in Club Candela and the Jet lounge (owned by a musician from the US I think). In terms of accommodation perhaps you should think of renting a room or apartment of a local from a website like amsterdam.xpatrentals.com or amsterdamstay.com until you find your feet. Have a blast!