Driving Dubai car in Saudi

hi all,

newbie in Riyadh here. Arrived in the beginning of the February and getting acclimatised to living in Riyadh.

I've been thinking about bringing car over from Dubai instead buying one from here, does anyone have experience on this?

My iqama is still in process, I assume that as long as I'm on business visa here I would be able to drive UAE car in Saudi (have Dubai driving license & residence) but will I be able to continue using UAE car here once I get the Iqama and Saudi licence?

Also, I assume I'd have to get extra insurance for Saudi, any idea how much this will cost and for how long coverage can I get.

Lot's of assumptions above, would appreciate any first hand knowledge.

You can drive it here, if you have the GCC driving licence, so you can drive in any gcc country, but for renewal you have to go to dubai for vehicle licence renewal, whenever it expires

Thanks Aisha,

How about the insurance? I understood that you can buy KSA insurance form the border, but for how long will the insurance be valid and how much does it cost?

Insurance is valid for one year and it cost around SR800+

I am an indian, but holding dubai driving license, now i am in riyadh. I want to drive a car over here, can use the same driving license, my visa status in KSA is employment visa