Can women enter Saudia Arabia without a mahram?

Assalamu Alaykum

After I finish school in 7 or so years, I am planning to move to Saudia Arabia. I will be a Medical Technologist inshaAllah and I chose this career becuase this job is offered there in every hospital. I am a religious person so I thought there is no better choice in life than be able to work in only female hospitals in Mecca, inshAllah. Near kab'ah. I am thinking this is a marvelous, wise decision.

However, I have read women must have a sponsor on Airport??? How have women here made it to Saudia Arabia wihtout a mahram? Were they able to ? :)

I do have mahrams but they are all brothers and my father is deceased. My brothers may or may not accompany me. I do not want to live in U.S. living alone in some apartment. I would not feel safe. And I am timid to report anything beng a Muslim to non-Muslim government.

But they probably won't so I wondered is it possible to go there and be admitted there without a mahram? Can anyone be your sponsor?

How do you get the work visa? And then you renew it each year, right?

Also, are there buses to get around by? If not, how do they get around? Are main strores nearby?

Do you have to know Arabic to work there?

Please someone respond. I would like to know so i swich my career choice if women cannot enter there without a mahram

Not justifyig myself though :)

Hi,

Even that I disagree with your decision making process and the reasoning behind it, but each to their own and I wish you all the best. That being said, to answer your question regarding Mahram, your hospital/employer will be your sponsor to enter the country. They will receive you at the airport and you don't need to be accompanied by a mahram.

The process to get a job here starts  with you being recruited by a company ( a hospital in your case) and they will arrange for your visa in a process that can takes anywhere between a month to six months. You will have an Iqama and this will be renewal every year with the consent of your employer.

For buses, yes there are buses that can take you around Makkah and they have women only sections, but most hospitals will provide scheduled buses for their female employees use ( its not as great as it sounds, but that's another story to tell).:D

Regards,

Thank you very much! That sounds amazing! And since it is a female hospital a female and maybe her mahram will meet me at airport. Wow. Why? Don't you pay them? But anyway, thanks for that good news.

He said femaleemployees, not female hospital. Most hospitals here are mixed.

you can work if any company send you working visa from here or visit visa ...

Alliecat wrote:

He said femaleemployees, not female hospital. Most hospitals here are mixed.

Most places in Saudia Arabia are segregated and that is the reason many religious Muslims want to live there.

Mecca is probably more adhereant to these rules and I bet all their hospitals are gender segregated. This assumption comes from my research. I viewed applications online that are asking for a Medical Technologist female for only female hospitals.

Even in U.S. you have women examine female patients and males examine male patients.

Sorry, Mecca is not more adherent to those rules. For someone afraid to report crimes to the police because the police are not Muslim, you are in for a rude awakening if you think Saudi Arabia is a wonderful example of Islam (if you, as a woman, report a crime here you will need male witnesses for the police to take you seriously).

I am not anti Saudi. I actually really enjoy myself here.  My family and I are having a lovely time. But your assumptions about this place are wrong and you will have a miserable time if you come with rose colored glasses.

This place is not as segregated as you assume.

Come with realistic expectations, else you will not be happy.

i think you are going to find, saudi is nothing what you think it is

Hospitals in Mecca, Saudia Arabia are gender segregated!
Maybe not all of them, but I bet if I take time I will give you a bunch of applications asking for medical laboratory technologists for only female hospitals.

Male witness to report what crime? I would like to know if you are talking about adultry crime? Please stop being sarcastic and unrealistic. Any crime needs a witness UNLESS YOU HAVE PROOF SUCH AS PICTURES, ETC...

When people write, they exaggerate to either scare a person due to their support of their point of view, etc...

If Saudia Arabia isn't that religious, then I will make sure it becomes :)

Even if they are not segregated, then you can wear full burqa. i really can't in U.S.

U.S. for me is too isolated and it lacks nature so I feel yuk...Usually people here are influenced by what their education taught them of some theory in taught. Different logic. Totally different. Very illogical infact...

For someone afraid to report crimes to the police because the police are not MuslimPlease

stop judgeing because I do not like to give reasonings to all my actions and taughts.

The crime is unknown. No one on this earth knows about this crime so you cannot report it. If you do, they make you a trap and boycoract you.

Through equpment like HAARP in Alaska they can control people's taughts and actions. You cannot report this crime to anyone. Especially to this givernment where they can be easily brainwashed.

hahaahahahaaahhaha

put that tin foil hat on.
ksa doesnt even have reliable water, and you think the us has mind control devices?

Wow, you really are not ready to come here. I am trying to help you so you enjoy your time here, you have decided a hysterical mumble of words is a proper response. I live here. Most people on this board live here. But you just keep on telling yourself you know what it is really like.

Good luck, you are going to need it!!

put that tin foil hat on.
ksa doesnt even have reliable water, and you think the us has mind control devices?

Mind control devices can get bombed. Here we have to buy water too. No machiene is perfect. All ships get destroyed. Thinking is farting. You would need to know for sure if they do or not. If I think they do then you think they don't, so why is your prediction any more valuable than mine?

Why would I be convincing you. i do not car ei fyou believe they do or not.

Wow, you really are not ready to come here.

iT IS EASY TO CLAIM THINGS.

am trying to help you so you enjoy your time here, you have decided a hysterical mumble of words is a proper response.

So vain. That is because I hate arguing shamlessly. Believe in honesty and sincerity of peoples words. Then respond. Why did this discussion become personal and about me?

I live here

I, I, me, me, you, you...she, that,,,

But you just keep on telling yourself you know what it is really like.

I do not know what it is really like to live there and how it is to live there. I want to live there so I am around Muslims. Your assumptions are wrong. Who said in KSA everyhting is perfect and religious? No one!

Good luck, you are going to need it!!

Now continue arguing and claiming your assumptions about what i think. Mamma

All I can say is if you don't beleive what people are saying here then why waste your or their time. You asked for information and you were given their point of view. Its your life and decision. You may not like what your hearing but don't shoot the messenger. Also, who knows what things will be like 7-8 years from now. You may be able to drive and not wear an abya or you may not be able to come at all. Good luck.

Its not sooo easy for women to come here without maharam, there are hospitals that are seperated everywhere and there are few ones that are not seperated although av not seen that, there are buses to get around with and you will see superstores or atleast a mini shop everywhere around you, you dnt have to understand arabic completely to work here just a little understanding of it can help you.

Thank you. I was all stuffed thinking I have to now learn Arabic too!

People plan what the ywant to do in life. But yes Allah knows best maybe I die by then too...

Apologies if I was rude.

Tema wrote:

People plan what the ywant to do in life. But yes Allah knows best maybe I die by then too...

Bring the mahram and the tin foil with you.