Mail

Can anyone tell me if and how the mail system workes if at all.

Thanks
Captian Dave

the mail system in belize works just like the u.s. system.you can get a p.o. box and have your mail forwarded but it can take along time to get to belize. I have mailed things to there from oregon and it takes about a month and I used an airmail stamp but I think the mail travels by boat

Erratic is a good word.  I have mailed things home and they've arrived in 5days.  Other times I have mailed a parcel and because someone misread the point of origin (CZ) the parcel went to the Czech Republic before finally being forwarded to IL.(USA). Go figure!  Perhaps not so different from the US system.

been told not to use the c.a. (central america) because it gets confused with c.a.california

Agreed when you are addressee. Unfortunately, the event I described was outbound, and the Post Office in Corozal had addressed the parcel since all parcels must be brought to Post Office unwrapped.  The CZ I referred to was in the upper left corner, not the address to whom the parcel was directed.  I had a good laugh over that whole drama, just was a good thing that what
the parcel contained wasn't time sensitive.