Can We All Pitch In?

Hi Guys,

Julien mentioned that we had nothing posted in the categories in the column to the left so I submitted the list of compounds I have to Guide (to be listed under 'accommodations').

There are many threads that we've discussed that would satisfy the catergories under Guide and we could refer newcomers to the guide if we got it organized.

Anyone want to be part of this project?  It involves picking a category and being responsible for gleaning the forum for information regarding the category, then cut/pasting the info into an 'article' to be published under the category heading.

This would be a huge task for one or two people, but if we all pitched in, it could be accomplished in no time :)

Thanks!

thanks for starting this discussion Allie, helping others writing a few articles in the KSA guide would be fantastic !

i call shotgun on the leisure category.

If anyone is interested in organized pick up games in basketball or football keep checking that section as there will be various tournaments throughout the year if interested

I am In!

'call shotgun' :lol::lol::lol:

I haven't heard that expression in a long time!  Thanks for the laugh :)

i heard riding shotgun, this call shotgun is kinda old no ?

Lemme know if u want to assign anything to me...i would love it.right now em bit in hurry though i 'd still give a look and see what can i do:)

When we were kids and we realized we'd be going someplace in the car, first one to yell out  'I call shotgot' got to ride shotgun!

So by 'calling shotgun,' ziad is staking his claim!

lol...

Staking my territory people....

Here are the categories under Guide:

Generalities
Formalities
Visas
Work
Accommodation
Study
Health care
Bank
Tax
Transports
Driver's licence
Removal
Communications
Leisure
Miscellaneous

Nonz, for some reason, I think you will be VERY knowledgeable of communications!  So you can figure out the categories (TV, landline, mobile, internet provider, etc.) and write an article providing as much info about each as you can.  A lot of the knowledge you already have but some you'll have to research, either in our old discussion threads in the forum or through a net search.

Zaid, as for Leisure, it's not that you'll be our recreation director, planning outings for us (not that I'd mind that lol); rather, you'll combine all the information about things to do in KSA.  This can range from visiting the zoo to visiting the .. I think it's called the Red Sands?  To playing basketball to the camel races!!! :lol:

There's already been a lot of discussion here about how to get a driver's license, and I think musicman was a font of information regarding this.

AGAIN, I don't believe in reinventing the wheel!  Find the old discussions and cut/paste into one article, while adding your own personal information.

I already did 'Accommodation' but I know my list isn't all inclusive plus I haven't included rental apartments so if any of you have info to add, please drop me an email so I can revise the article.

Personally I'd love to see an article on the different souks and how to get to each (and maybe on the different supermarkets scattered throughout Riyadh and what each might have that's a little special; for example, Tamini has house plants, which is unusual, I think).

Many thanks!!

ummmm... has the project crashed and burned already?

This sets a new record lol

orrite i will start working on it asap :)

YAY!

BTW, you can pick any category you want, nonz.  Just for some reason I thought you'd be an expert on communications here ;)

oh no,this seems to me more appropriate [yet:P] i would have already worked on it since i was the most use less  and nothing-to-do kind but suddenly i m started to having loads of things to do:/

but still i will be doing it:)