ACCA Opportunities in New Zealand

Hello,

I have study ACCA.  I want to work as accountant in NZ.
Is ACCA recognised in NZ?

Can someone please guide me?

Regards
Kreshan

It may or may not be recognized. I don't know.

After parting with a great deal of cash you may find that you'll get a temporary work visa based on the strength of your qualifications but find it very difficult to get work in your chosen profession. Many people in your situation end up driving taxis or doing manual labour to survive, not that there's anything wrong with that but it may not be to your liking.

Whatever you do don't come to NZ unless you have a permanent residency visa, you could find yourself a long way up the creek without a paddle. You should widen your search to include other countries too, NZ has a pretty small labour force and opportunities can be limited at the best of times, without the added complications of recessions and jobs-for- kiwis policies.

Have you heard about the warning the Philippine government is giving out about the perils of migrating to New Zealand on the work-to-residence scheme? It's pretty grim for some people.

Hello Pandoral,

What about ACCA in US?  Is it well known?  I am currently from Mauritius a small island.  I just want a change.

Regards
Kreshan

Hi Kreshan! About the question in the US, please start a new discussion on the US forum.

Thanks!

ACCA is partially recognised but not sought after. Most employers  will prefer NZCAs over any worldwide qualifications, so you must register with the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants (NZICA)and they do have reciprocal agreements with other bodies, which allows you to convert your membership.  They will most likely to allow you to join as an associate member until such time as you complete local examinations for the NZ specifics, particulary around law and taxation.

Check out this website and the give full details of what you need to do to convert or qualify as a member. http://www.nzica.com/AM/Template.cfm?Se … seas_Study