My plans of moving to Maldives

Hi everyone!

Im currently in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates,Ive been working in Abu Dhabi for quite sometime now for 8 years, Salary wise im quite happy however my husband wants to move far and leave abu dhabi for good. Just wanted to do some research before I move forward with my plans of moving to Maldives or any other country that we could possible move to.

Basic Questions such as the following:
Hotelier Salary: Sales Manager/Sr. Sales Manager Position
Accessiblity/Convenience: Malls/internet connection/cost of living.
Accommodation: Expesive/Cheap/or affordable
Weather: is is hot all the time?
Education/Schools-?
Peak and Low Season-?
Population Percentage: European, Asian, Natives, Westerns.
Visa: Is is easy to provide visa for your family members.
Agency: Agency that you might now of that are hiring hotel professionals.

If you can give me some feedback i will sincerely appreciate it.

Cheers!
Grace

Hi Grace,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Maldives forum for better visibility.

Best of luck,
Christine

graceperalta wrote:

Hi everyone!

Im currently in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates,Ive been working in Abu Dhabi for quite sometime now for 8 years, Salary wise im quite happy however my husband wants to move far and leave abu dhabi for good. Just wanted to do some research before I move forward with my plans of moving to Maldives or any other country that we could possible move to.

Basic Questions such as the following:
Hotelier Salary: Sales Manager/Sr. Sales Manager Position
Accessiblity/Convenience: Malls/internet connection/cost of living.
Accommodation: Expesive/Cheap/or affordable
Weather: is is hot all the time?
Education/Schools-?
Peak and Low Season-?
Population Percentage: European, Asian, Natives, Westerns.
Visa: Is is easy to provide visa for your family members.
Agency: Agency that you might now of that are hiring hotel professionals.

If you can give me some feedback i will sincerely appreciate it.

Cheers!
Grace

hmmmm.... maldives is a nice place to relocate, why!?

A resort managers salary can vary from 1500$ to 7000$ depending on which resort will employ. usually branded resorts will pay higher in most cases.
i dont think its easy to get this job.
if you have Managerial job work permit and visa will not be an issue including dependents provided employer is ok with that.
if you are employed in a resort accommodation and food will be provided.
if you have to pay for accommodation in Male its considered expensive. lets say 2 bedroom small apartment will be about 1200 to 1500$ a month and 1 to 2 months deposit
internet is and 3G network easily accessible and affordable.
temperature through out the year will be between 25 to 34 deg F
Most expat children go to Billabong High International School and Kangaroo Kids.
Maldives population is about 420,000 people. expat population will be about 60,000 out of which 60% will be bangladeshi, 30%  Sri Lankans, Indians / others and balance Europeans.
if you live in Male or resort close to the City (Male') you will have access to shops. Maldives does not have Malls.
For jobs you can try Seaworld Employment. job-maldives.com/2010/08/jobs-at-seaworld-maldives-pvt-ltd.html

hope above information will be useful.