Work in Ho Chi Minh City

Hi Everyone,

I am a Filipino, I have 2 yrs of work experience. I am earning around 500usd here in the philippines. I just had my interview with a company from HCM city. They told me the offer would be from $400-$700 usd.

They will be providing the house accomodation for three months only.

Is that a good offer?

Thanks.

Hi,
It's maybe good for vietnamese. I'm not sure it's good for foreigner. I think you should figure all your expense in one month here. From accomodation to food, moving, personal expense...
Hope you can make the best decision.
Judy

depends on the position...what will you be doing ? it is pretty low money if they have to bring you in from overseas. Did you apply for the position or have you been asked to transfer there ? Three months accommodation to them is worth about $500 a month for a reasonable place. So you need to factor this in and how long you intend to stay. If it is only a 3 month job then just go for the experience and dont worry too much about the money, but if it is longer like 12 months then you need to negotiate a higher salary depending on how important you are to the employee.

Hi

I live here with my Filipino boyfriend and he makes more than that as a performer where he also would have free accommodation if he did not live with me, so as they mention above, depending on your position and work schedule you have to figure out which deal you can negotiate.   

Can you tell a bit more about the job offer?

Best
Anne

Thank you guys for responding. I have been very busy, and I almost forgot I did post something here. I appreciate it so much. I did not get the job. Anyway, I'll be leaving soon, i'll be working in middle east. I hope to visit Vietnam, as I know how rich your culture is. I have visited Thailand last December 2012, Hongkong and Macau (January 2012) it was fun. I hope I can get tips/advices from you again, by the time I will be visiting Vietnam. Take care!