I live in Venice and am from Nashville TN

Hi, I often walk around Venice just enjoying something new everyday and since I live on another island 10 kms away if I'm available I'll show you around. Ciao Enjoy and love Italy!!

Hello markmitaly.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Maybe you can tell us more about yourself.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello markmitaly.

I form part of the Expat.com Team. ;)

When I say to "us", this include the other members on the forum.
An introduction could help us to know you better.

Aurélie

Hello Mark! Nice to know your experience in Italy. Me and my wife are planning to have our second Backpack adventure in Europe. We were glad to meet friendly people in Europe.

Hi Aurélie, sorry for mistakenly taking your for spam. I am American by birth, born in Paris France, lived in Germany for 6 years then Northern Italy for 10 years before moving to the beach near Pisa for 5 years. I returned to attend Univ. in Pennsylvania and moved to Nashville for about 10 years. In 1997 I came back to Italy and worked for various Universities teaching the US Army soldiers and families before going downrange in between living in Vicenza. I got tired of the War zones wrote a book for the US military about Italy and now live on an island 10 kms from St. Marks square. I love fellow Americans and showing them around when I have the time.

Thanks Mark for the information. I'm Angel Mangual, from Puerto Rico. It's good to know that we have friendly people that We  may meet sometime in the near future.  Good luck always!!

Hello or Buongiorno~

I live in TX and am considering moving to Venice... Any advice, input, things to consider, pros/cons?  How long have you lived in Italy and do you like it, etc.

Thank you and have a wonderful day

T.

So did you ever make it over from Texas?  Hope you fall in love with Italy like the rest of us have.