Maybe Moving to Bahrain but working in Saudi Al Khobar

Looks like we may be moving (partner and I and 1 child) to Bahrain - she can't face Saudi - and we not married yet anyway.  She will probably have to work in education in Bahrain, me carry on with engineering consultancy in Al Khobar - I have been working on contract in Saudi 3 months already, and this looks like it will now be made permanent.

HELP ! SO many questions!!!

Can I actually live in Bahrain and work in Saudi, and what visa would I need, and what would she need.  Would bahrain let us live there if neither had a job actually in Bahrain, i.e. me employed in Saudi, her unemployed - at least for a while. How long does the King Fahd? causeway commute take, and when best to leave morning and evening?

Accommodation? How much? where?

Could do with several knowledgeable people !!

Thanks

Hello yes all this is possible, it just costs you £3 each time you want to travel over the boarder.  My husband works in Saudi, and comes across twice a week.  Our flat is 500 BD a month.  Its expensive, but everything is done for us.  Bahraini people are very friendly, and go out of their way to please.  I live in Ahoora, very few Brits, but wonderful beach,parks and family area. I have only been here a matter of weeks, I dont know anyone, but some how this doesnt pose a problem.

Lisa

You would multiple exit rentry visas for both Saudi and Bahrain.  Bahrain visa is easy to get with British passport.  I dont work and have just got visa for two yrs, without my husband working, I just applied for a residency visa. The trip takes about an hour but can take longer. Early morning is the best time to travel about 7 am and late in the evening (after 6).

If you need any help, we are very new here too.

[email protected]