Power outlet shapes in Saudi Arabia

Hi,

I will arriving this week to Riyadh coming from USA. I will be buying a plug adapter in advance so that I can use my devices upon arrival. Just want to know the shape of the power outlets in Riyadh. .Does the outlet accept "Flat blade plug", "Two round pins" OR "Two parallel flat pins with ground pin" OR ALL OF THEM?

I will using my laptop and other devices. All devices are dual voltage enabled (built in).

Thanks in advance for the help

ayhz2013

The answer is D) All of the above. Different places use different ones. I'd suggest getting one of these Universal Traveller Adapters

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-in-One-Univ … 416a1546b4

I have my laptop plugged up to the wall right now without an adapter.   However, the adapter CHM linked you to looks like it would work wonderfully.

And welcome (in advance) :)

At my housing, there are only double prong outlets.  It seems also that 110/220V can vary building to building!  My housing is 220V (fortunately computers have built-in converters).

Do not worry Saudi has both 127v & 220v supplies the power sockets vary from 2pin stright,  3 pin stright, 2 pin round and 3 pin UK. You can buy here from most electrical outlets a extension lead that takes all of the above and you chose what plug you have on the end.

For your info the plugs / socket types here in Saudi are:
Type A
Type B
Type F
Type G

Regards

Martin

Alliecat wrote:

(fortunately computers have built-in converters).

Computers have built-in?! :blink::P

No they don't

Only certain ones do.
Our gaming comp has a switch to make it 110 or 220

Adapters are readilly available here from 1 to 10sar each. No need to bring