How to Begin Immigration Process to Nic from Can ?

Hello All,
I am very interested in moving from Vancouver, Canada to Nicaragua but have not found the proper information as to how to begin the process as there is no embassy or consulate in Canada. Has anyone recently gone through the process. Do I need to be in Nicaragua or can I begin here in Canada ?
Please let me know.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.

I would say you will have to apply whilst in Canada. Get online and look for the closest Nicaraguan embassy or consulate to you

A42.com has up to date information on this including the various types of residency. Much of this information is cleaned up info from NicaLiving.com.

You need to be in Nicaragua to apply but there are documents you need to get in Canada first.

I am looking to retire there from England, can anybody please advise me as to how I can achieve this,,Thank you

@rsg4m - why don't you start a new topic on the Nicaragua forum?

Need Certified Certificate of Birth

Police Report

Health Certificate

all this  need to be authenticated by the nearest Nicaragua Consult in your nearest area

If you are gouing for the pensioner visa then certified  from SS or your  Union

When you go to www.A42.com it tells you site coming soon.  I guess just like at the counselet in Miami & Houston, keep trying.  Maybe one day you will get your questioned answered.  Here is what I've learned. Gather your required paperwork.  From the country you now live in. Which is, but could change at the whims of who you speak to at a Nica office.  Tung  n' cheek!
1). Proof of who you are
2). Proof of birth
3). Proof of citizenship of your native country
4). If married, marriage certificate
5). Proof, from your local police Chief, that you are a good citizen.
6). Proof of income.  I think you need to prove $850 per month income to be considered.
7). All above needs to be certified by the state/Providence that you live in now.  There is a legal term for this, which I forget.  They don't call it certified copies but I think it means the same.
All this is required in
A). English. Keep a copy of ea. for yourself.
B). Spanish in triplicate. More copies could be required. That's where a Nica lawyer would come in handy. Keep a copy of ea. for yourself.
There may be more added or some taken off.
I ask that members w/experience in these matters to please chime in.  Your feedback or critique of what I have posted is welcomed. Please correct any errors I have made.  It's been a while since I looked at the process.
One other suguestion, after getting all your paper work together, you could hire a Nica lawyer to do the rest for you.  Like converting English to Spanish as required. Do not give up your originals. Give them copies that show they are certified.  Just in case you need to start over.   Get a copy for safe keeping in Spanish also.
The cost of a lawyer doing this is from $500 to $1500. Remember, in Nica you don't always get what you pay for.  Let the buyer beware is good advice wherever your at!
Good Luck

I believe the term you want for #7 above is "apostilled" copies.  This is more official than merely a certified copy, it is more like a "notarized copy", i.e. certified as a true copy of the original BY A NOTARY PUBLIC, as they are called in Canada. The next greater level of certification would be certified by a Commissioner for Oaths.

Yes, that's it.

Hello Nica Expats.  I had looked originally at retirement in Ecuador but have to admit I took exception to the degree to which many expats seemed to expect the local culture to adapt their culture to that of the newcomers, the majority of whom were apparently from USers.  Also, the employment opportunity that I was exploring did not work out.  Since then, I have learned that a number of my countryfolk, i.e. Canadians, are looking at retirement in Nicaragua in preference to Ecuador, for reasons of cost of living, etc..  I would be interested in hearing from any Canucks on this site.  Where are you?  How long have you been in Nica?  Do you find that you are able to adapt to local culture, and that is indeed, Nicaragua's expectation?  Or, in fact, do you find pressures coming to bear to "USerize" Nicaragua?