Job Offer for Al-Khobar

Hi all members!
I am an Electrical(Telecom) Engineer from and currently living in Pakistan.I possess 3.5 years field experience in telecom sector.

I've got an offer from Rajeh H. Al-Marri & Sons Co.for Communication Engineer position at Al-Khobar.

MONTHLY BASIC PAY: SR 2,500.00
MONTHLY OVERTIME PAY: SR 500.00
MONTHLY FOOD ALLOWANCE: SR 350.00

TOTAL MONTHLY SALARY PAY: SR 3,744.00

MONTHLY TRANSPORTATION ALLOWANCE: COMPANY PROVIDED

MONTHLY HOUSING ALLOWANCE: COMPANY PROVIDED CAMP ACCOMMODATION

EMPLOYMENT STATUS: SINGLE

CONTRACT PERIOD: TWO (2) YEARS

VACATION LEAVE: UPON COMPLETION OF CONTRACT

MEDICAL: COMPANY PROVIDED

OTHER TERMS AND CONDITION: ALL RULES SUBJECT TO KINGDOMS LABOR LAWS

Kindly tell whether SAR 350 food allowance is enough? The company will give leave after 2 years. There will be 10 hours/day working for 6 days.This is a camp based accomodation.

Should I accept this offer?

this is ok for a diploma holder , not for an engineering graduate. It should be double.

350  is bare minimum for a labour class to eat. 10 SR you will not get 3 full meals even if you go to a cheapest hotel.

Leaves are annual and not after two years for this class.
Do not accept if you are an engineer.

wow 6 days\week for that salary
that is so looooooow
double salary is the minimum you should get for that ( assuming u have a basic experience)

if are desperate for a job, come .

Goodluck

Think a lot before you finalize !

Pathetic offer. I'm wondering if there is even a single good thing about this deal.

60 hours per week is against the Saudi labor law. The max number of hours allowed are 48/week no matter laborer, diploma-holder or whoever.

Reduce 500 SAR from your calculations, I bet you'll never get it. By the way, working 10 hours a day... and then you'll be supposed to do overtime also? Overtimes are not calculated this way; again against the law.

@Shakeel
Most people, if not all, move to Saudi to make more money, save a lot and maybe retire early.  Like everyone before me stated, that offer is barely enough to make a living.  If you're barely making ends meet, I'm sure there are better places than Saudi...at least you'll have a lifestyle.

For an Engineer with 3.5 yrs Exp, I certainly would not even bother negotiating that offer.  A decent starting offer would have been SAR >4000 per month and SAR 900 food allowance.

Regarding work hours, you inevitably end up working 9-10 hours a day, but that is because there is nothing else to do here.  However, if that is specifically stated in your letter, I would be a little concerned.