Accomodation near CLIP (international school) and schooling info

Hi, we are considering moving to Porto and intends to send the kids to the international school. Anyone knows of a good area to live, near the school?

My kids (whose dad are portuguese) are now in international school where they live. We are wondering if they should be in portuguese school or international school. We intend to be in Portugal for only 2 years and I'm worried about them having a hard time adjusting back to the english system when we move away from portugal. Anyone care to share their thoughts on this?

I'm also worried about school bullying in a non- international environment as they are part-chinese. i've seen them teased by children of my husband's friends. Any experience to share?

Welcome to Expat.com Mumster!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

I agree with you. The international school would probably be best, in your case. I don't know how old your kids are, but it is always tough adjusting to new school system, and having to do that only to be taken back to an english school system seems to be a bit much to ask of them. If you can afford it, CLIP would be my option.

If you tried to get them into a portuguese school, depending on their age, they might be set back a year and bullying can be a problem. Porto has some pretty tough schools, but of course it also depends on your kids, either way they would always stand out. If you stay around Vila do Conde, you would find quite a few chinese students because of the chinese community that has settled down there. It would be a cheaper option, with a decent quality of life, if commuting is OK with you.

Hi, I'm Portuguese and have my daughters in public school (4 and 6 years old). As far as I know, it doesn't matter if you're in a public or private school, bullying does exist everywhere. I think you should consider just as a personal choice. Good luck :) And I hope you enjoy my lovely city!