Political situation in Bahrain today. Is it ok to relocate to Bahrain.

Hello Friend's,

I am planning moving to Bahrain by 3rd week of Jan'13. I would like to know about the political situation in Bahrain. Will it be too risky to move with my family. I got an info that expats are targeted with bomb blasts in the areas where expat population is high. Looking forward for your advice on the same.

TC
Arnab

Ouch! That s really a bombastic question....(you are scaring me more than the blast actually....)
Greetings from BH
(by the way what does it mean TC Too Cool?? :lol:

Arnab Bhattacharjee wrote:

Hello Friend's,

I am planning moving to Bahrain by 3rd week of Jan'13. I would like to know about the political situation in Bahrain. Will it be too risky to move with my family. I got an info that expats are targeted with bomb blasts in the areas where expat population is high. Looking forward for your advice on the same.

TC
Arnab

Nice to hear from you Anna. Pls tell me if it would be wise to make a move to Bahrain. My wife is panicked on hearing about the political turmoil. Can you pls share some thoughts of yours.

TC ( take care)
Arnab

Arnab

Things are never as bad as the tabloids portray. We are expats here and very happy. Choose your location carefully - yes there is trouble here but you have trouble wherever you go in the world. As long as you don't walk into the villages at night where the trouble is then you will be fine.

There are lots of posts on the forum about good places to live.

I live in Saar and it's lovely, used to live in Seef and that is lovely too. It all depends on where you will be working, if you have a car or not and what your budget is.

TC

Jo

Thanks Jo. Can you give me some idea of the house rent in seef or saar areas for a 1 BHK FF apartment. My office will be at Isa Town.

TC

If you take a look through the classified ads on here that will give you some idea but definitely no more than 250BD a month

https://www.expat.com/en/housing/middle … in/manama/http://www.expatriates.com/classifieds/bhr/hs/

Good luck

Hi
The trouble in Bahrain is mostly restricted to certain areas but it does cause quite a few traffic issues. I live in Saar which is lovely but getting through Budaiya can be a hassle at times, especially at tea time when they like to lay reeds or tyres across the road then set fire to them! I'm here with my 3 young children and have never felt unsafe although I'm careful where I venture in the evenings... The black flags indicate if you're in an unsavoury area.  Bahrain is very friendly, very expensive and very small... I've been here since August and have ventured all over the island. Having said all that, we enjoy living here. Good luck with the big move ;)

There is no risk to you and your family.Bahraini people good people

there  Problems in the impoverished the village only