Looking for affordable housing in Erbil (max. 1000 USD monthly rent)

Hello all,

I'll be moving to Erbil soon and need any info you can provide on affordable housing in the city. Preferably rent should not exceed 1000 USD per month. Which parts of the city should I consider? How do I approach owners looking to rent apartments/(houses)? Where do I start looking? Any advice you can provide is more than welcome and really appreciated.

Byron

Hello Byron.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, you could post an advert in the Housing in Iraq section. It can help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Byron,

Ankawa (the Christian quarter) is probably the only place I would recommend living as an expat. Or some of the housing districts just beyond it if you have a car. There are nice compounds like the Italian village, English village, etc. but then you are looking at $2000+. The problem is that everyone wants to live in Ankawa, so it is expensive and hard to find property. You can find houses for $1000, but they are unfurnished and usually large, so it depends on if you are willing to furnish it. There are some estate agents here, I will have a look for their numbers, there is also one on facebook if you search Erbil estate agents it should come up.

What we did was stay at hotels and then friends whilst asking all around Ankawa until we found a family that was willing to rent the top floor of their house for $750 furnished.

I hope this helps.

Good luck,

Dylan

I recommend you to start from Baktyari area . its nice place and affordable. its so close to Ankawa .
I dont advice you to live in ankawa. its expansive to live there.
Baktyari is only 10 minutes walking to Ankawa .
Good luck

Hello Byron,

Everything posted in the replies is right on, I'll add a couple of details.

As mentioned, there are areas beyond Ainkawa such as Harsham and Noble. Prices are around $500-800 per month, unfurnished, 2-3 rooms and 1-2 baths. You will need a car, you can easily get there by taxi but waiting for one to get into the city is a drag. Typical cost to and from Harsham or Noble is around $4-$6.

Bakhtiary is great, big houses (3 floors, 4+ rooms), supermarkets, restaurants, and coffee houses. Nothing as nice as Ainkawa as far as restaurants go, and definitely no alcohol. Prices start at $800 and go as high as $2500 per month or more (for really big houses). You shouldn't have any problems finding anything within your budget of $1000 per month. Also, they're building a movie theater and luxury mall there.

Hello byron.i like to rent a room with 1 bedroom for me.and find a good job about laptop-tablets and mobile phone repair servicing centers.can you help me to find a good job?how can i doing for find best job ?
am now in apple company in my city.but i like to change to other country.maybe to Erbil.
rental price monthly to 100 or 200 USD.
this is my Email address: [email protected]
i must find job in first.

Hi Mohamadderakhshan > please note that this is an old thread. For your accommodation search, you should please post an ad in the housing in Iraq section and for your job search, please post your ad in the jobs in Iraq section.

Thank you.

You will find house for rent in Ankawa or Bakhtyari neighborhood..