American Children Attending Swiss Schools

HI,

My husband and I are moving to Basel in a few months for a job relocation.  We have three young children one of whom is currently in 1st grade and the second is in 4K (or pre-school) and will be in Kindergarten next year.

My question is whether or not anyone has ever put there kids directly into the Swiss school system.  We currently don't speak German and don't plan on staying overseas forever as we would eventually like to come back state side.  I am just looking for advice on how the Swiss schools fair and anyone else's experience.

I know that there is the ISB and that is also an option.

Thank you for your help or suggestions or advice!

Jenntex

(moderated: no ads)

How old is your youngest? My husband was also offered a job in Basel and we are expected to move late August with our 16m old (she will be in August). I am concerned about pre-schools....etc.

My kids were born in Switzerland so therefore bilingual and I'm really happy with the Swiss public schools.  What city are you going to be in?  Here in Basel, when kids start school they usually get put into the Fremdsprache classes, where they are with a smaller group of kids from all over the world also learning German.  Basel is a very international place, actually, they say 50% of the population is not from here. 
I tend to think a lot of moving your kids to a new country and a new language has a lot to do with your enthusiasm and excitement at all going on an adventure together. Your kids are young so I would encourage them to learn as many languages as possible.  But then maybe you'd like them to do the same curriculum they have at home in the US?