Need Help - URGENT

Dear Expat Forum,
My wife and I have been asked to relocate to the Netherlands for my job. The company has supplied me with next to nothing as it pertains to understanding the issues involved. Any information that you can offer us on topics like, cost of living, the best place to live (my wife is leaning toward Amsterdam at least to start, but we would love your input, anything that you all would say that we "need to know" would be great. I thank you all ahead for your support and consideration. Oh and did I teel you the reason for urgentcy, I have to offer my decision by the 27th.
Thanks so much, Tim

Hi Tim, I see you're in a rather urgent situation, indeed. Where are you from? The Netherlands have a strong expats community (such as this site, but also many others). Do you have children? Check out sites like expatica.com/nl/main.html, or iamexpat.nl/. If you have children, nomadparents.nl and amsterdam-mamas.nl are also very useful sites. Amsterdam is a good place, I think.  If you can choose to stay wherever you want, I recommend Delft, not only is it endlessly cute, but also has a vibrant international community, offers workshops and supports. Also, you have there facebook groups such as the Delftians. Other option is Legal Aliens, based in The Hague (which is also a good option)- we live close to the Hague and really like it. Good luck with making your decision, if you have more specific questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. We will be moving from North East PA, about a two hour drive west of NYC and two hours NW of Philly. (Not a high cost of living as it is old coal mining area, no major industries only logistic centers because of its proxcimity to north south and east west hwys)My office in the Netherlands will be in Assendelft, so what kind of commute would I be looking at from Delf?. Is everything you need in Deft within walking or bike distance as my wife is looking for convenience as she really doesn't want to drive until after really feeling comfortable in the Netherlands? What kind of cost is housing in Delf? Let's say at least a two bedroom, nice kitchen as we love to cook, we would need parking, and a garden area is a must. I know, typical American's
Thanks again, Tim

Hi Tim! It was a very urgent relocation for both of you but the costs of houses here are different. If you live in the city with a garden is hard to find and I think also expensive. Try to live not too close to the city where the houses are a bit cheap. We rent a house, with a small garden, 3 bedrooms for €530.

Please tell me where u found home for 530e??I am trying past 10 days to find something affordable in areal around Rotterdam or den haag without to pay any agency fee and still nothing :(