Is it a good or bad idea to own a VERY Large Dog in Muscat City?

Hello, I will soon be moving to Muscat City. I would LOVE to bring my Best Friend, a very large Presa Canario.
He is well behaved, easy to care for but I wonder about the problems I may encounter.
Anyone have any suggestions or advice for us regarding Dog Ownership in Oman?

Hi Decagin,
Generally, there ain't any issue in keeping the dogs out here. It depends on the area you are going to reside in. There are few areas in Muscat where you can't even have a Cat as well... lol :) however in general its ok to have a dog.
I had a German Sheppppp a year back and didn't face any problem, however the area where I reside is a pet-frendly one.

Could you elaborate schaz and disclose what areas are not pet friendly and which areas are pet friendly?

The following key areas are pet frendly in Muscat.

a- Qurum (Complete area which covers the PDO residence as well).
b- Alkhuwair 33 (Bawsher and related).
c- Madinat Illam (very much pet-frendly)
d- Al-Hail (The WAVES community and the MUSCAT HILLS RESIDENCE).
There are few more as well, however the above are they key preferable areas.

The areas which are not preferable are,

a- Ruwi (All areas related to).
b- Wadi Kabir (Except few residential places).

There may be more, however i have mentioned the KEY areas for the purpose.. hope it helps..

Thank you yes very helpful. I hope to reside close to Ghubrah, I had heard some stories stating Dogs can only be walked from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and that police sometimes poison Dogs and children throw rocks at Dogs, Quite shocking considering my Boy is somewhat of a Star whenever he is seen in Public. Perhaps it is possible to have him there with me. Thanks again.

Never heard of any story like this till date....however... just be careful in anyway!! :)

I think a dog like this could offer you protection if you wander alone at night.  It will also deter burglars.  You can leave your phone on the carseat with your dog in the back, for example.